rlj

Angelica McDaniel OUT! (CBS Daytime)

1 minute ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I only really mentioned Raúl because he is Cuban-American like the Rosales.  I'm not sure why a Mexican American family wasn't introduced but perhaps politics was the determining factor in that decision.  I wasn't opposed to Arturo (perhaps the casting wasn't ideal), I wasn't even opposed to the actor but he was introduced so poorly, his character made virtually no impact.

I was just thinking that had Lauren had a better storyline for her struggling boutique, Neil and HWG could've been consulting on the transformation of Fenmore's and told her that she needed to revamp the flagship store and she would need a contractor and while Brittany was in town doing some shopping, she could've mentioned that Raúl has a cousin who is a contractor. Despite Lauren's reservations about how she can afford it, she decides to take a meeting with this contractor, eventually paving the way for Arturo's introduction.

So many possibilities to seamlessly introduce new characters but Y&R's staff weren't up to the task.

This show could been so much better.

when sally tried to do some stuff she got noted to hell. 

How does steve kent effect things? I know he casts and angelica introduced her muse lola and the rosales.

17 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

I never realised how hypocritial soap twitter actually is. For a year or more it was how angelica messes with storylines etc. I even said that. Now that shes gone 
OH THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER BLA BLA BLA

Both things can be true. She did lots of good things, but also did lots of bad things and the bad has been outweighing the good lately. Throw in the fact that she isn't going to be replaced and it's certainly troubling regardless of what you think of her personally considering what happened when other networks did the same thing.

Just now, Chris B said:

Both things can be true. She did lots of good things, but also did lots of bad things and the bad has been outweighing the good lately. Throw in the fact that she isn't going to be replaced and it's certainly troubling regardless of what you think of her personally considering what happened when other networks did the same thing.

for ABC this happened after frons right? How did GH change? 

9 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

for ABC this happened after frons right? How did GH change? 

When this happened at ABC they canceled two soaps which should say it all LOL. Not having someone there dedicated to soaps makes it easier to look at their budgets and want to replace them with cheap talk shows. GH has managed to stick around somehow, but there seems to be the opposite of what Angelica was accused of in terms of interfering with the show. For years nothing has happened on GH. The show has good scripts, a good (extremely large cast) and is watchable, but the storylines a dull and rarely go anywhere. It's just kinda moving along slowly, but you can tell there is nobody focused on making sure the show is good. Now if they had a good writer/producer in place it would be heaven being able to write in peace, but the team they have is just so bad.

8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

When this happened at ABC they canceled two soaps which should say it all LOL. Not having someone there dedicated to soaps makes it easier to look at their budgets and want to replace them with cheap talk shows. GH has managed to stick around somehow, but there seems to be the opposite of what Angelica was accused of in terms of interfering with the show. For years nothing has happened on GH. The show has good scripts, a good (extremely large cast) and is watchable, but the storylines a dull and rarely go anywhere. It's just kinda moving along slowly, but you can tell there is nobody focused on making sure the show is good. Now if they had a good writer/producer in place it would be heaven being able to write in peace, but the team they have is just so bad.

yeah i heard they keep frank for his money saving skills

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

Frons let OLTL and AMC die away the whole time he was there. He also had a record of pushing for soaps to be canceled (SFT).

10 hours ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

when sally tried to do some stuff she got noted to hell. 

How does steve kent effect things? I know he casts and angelica introduced her muse lola and the rosales.

Steve Kent manages the Sony part of thing and Sony is the checkbook, nothing involving a budget gets approved without him/SonySony:Y&R  what P&G:ATWT or P&G:GL or P&G:AW  

People underestimate the power of the pocketbook.  Sony as the production arm probably has power that bleeds into the creative aspects as any production company would.  P&G surely had it. 

Those seeking to minimize how much clout Steve Kent wields fail to understand how production companies function.  They wield massive power over what you see on your screen. 

6 hours ago, DRW50 said:

He also had a record of pushing for soaps to be canceled (SFT).

Frons cancelled SFT not once (at CBS), but twice (also at NBC).  He REALLY wanted that show to die, lol.

Edited by Khan

I wouldn't be surprised to learn those shows have suffered ratings losses as well.  LMaD has always been a non-starter, but they've tinkered so much with TPiR in the Drew Carey era that it doesn't feel like the same show anymore.  (No, not even when they're playing Plinko, lol.)

1 hour ago, Khan said:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn those shows have suffered ratings losses as well.  LMaD has always been a non-starter, but they've tinkered so much with TPiR in the Drew Carey era that it doesn't feel like the same show anymore.  (No, not even when they're playing Plinko, lol.)

I'll always remember the episode of ATWT when Lucinda was about to take Lily with her to a business trip to NYC and gently reminded Lily that she'd made the supreme sacrifice in setting aside business for a few hours to spend quality time with Lily, eating pizza with her and "playing with the Plinko chips" on...TPIR:lol:

Man, I miss Lucinda Walsh, lol!

4 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Steve Kent manages the Sony part of thing and Sony is the checkbook, nothing involving a budget gets approved without him/SonySony:Y&R  what P&G:ATWT or P&G:GL or P&G:AW  

People underestimate the power of the pocketbook.  Sony as the production arm probably has power that bleeds into the creative aspects as any production company would.  P&G surely had it. 

Those seeking to minimize how much clout Steve Kent wields fail to understand how production companies function.  They wield massive power over what you see on your screen. 

Yup 👍