Latest Ratings: August 19-23, 2019

Toups

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ratings for Monday & Tuesday of this week were higher than the Monday/Tuesday episodes for the previous week of ratings. However, the ratings for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were lower than the previous week of ratings. Less people are continuing to stay watching throughout the week. I think that people are less interested in stories because of the bad writing and same characters being featured all the time. The Rosales family was on every day (in some capacity) of this particular week. And Adam was on everyday. These characters along with Nick/Chelsea are featured too much & I think that along with the bad writiing/boring stories are affecting the ratings. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Well, I certainly don't wish to see Y&R get cancelled, because that would mean people being out of work.  But if I have to choose between that and a return visit from any of those hacks...sorry, Christina, you just gotta bring me the axe.

• Members

Look, I'm at the point where I'm willing to let Y&R try anything short of bringing back hacks like MAB, Chuck Pratt and Hogan Sheffer to fix this show.  (Kay Alden, of course, is always welcome to return.  Same goes even for Jack Smith.)   Bradley Bell doesn't have enough to do at B&B?  Fine!  Hire him!  Ron Carlivati's bored at DAYS and wants two shows to [!@#$%^&*] up?  Okay!  He's never been at Y&R before, right?  So why not?  But DO SOMETHING!

Edited by Khan

• Members

Y&R is still almost 500000 less than this time last year. It is still bleeding. The small increases with what Griffith and the promos promoted are a total failure. Viewers should be returning in droves like they did recently for B&B but they're not.

Michelle Stafford big return was a big failure. They should've kept Gina.

• Members

Frankly, I don't buy that.  Moreover, writing for Y&R doesn't necessarily mean writing it the way he would.  ATWT and DAYS managed to have good and even great HW'ing regimes after he had left both shows.

However, the problem with Y&R is exactly what @Vee keeps saying: all CBS/Sony wants or cares about is having a show that's peppy, cheap and basically follows the ABC formula.  You don't have to write Y&R like Bill Bell to be successful, but writing it the way you would GH is a recipe for failure.