Latest Ratings: August 19-23, 2019

Toups

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watch Michelle Stafford’s performances (I must admit I never had a problem with her before) now and there’s this underlying smirk like she’s in on the joke - the writing for her is terrible, her storyline is rubbish, but hey a check’s a check. 

Soap actors in 2019 aren’t going to fight for the integrity of their character or material. And they certainly aren’t going to quit in protest. They know the deal. The shows are garbage and next to no one is watching. A check’s a check. After all, they’re not gonna make any better money doing a Crystal Chappell web soap. 

P.S. when the baby boomers start dying out in droves, Y&R is done. 

• Members

Laugh if you want - I’d rather see Clone Reva and handheld cameras than this garbage.  Bring on 2 more hours of The Talk.  I’ll say it again.  Never seen a show take a nose dive like this.  The Adam Show needs to go.  Where is the big B&B location shoot they were talking about?  Ohhhhhh budget cuts.  Send some more drone cams out. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=53412

“THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL” SCORES LARGEST AUDIENCE IN ALMOST FIVE MONTHS

8ba483168b165be1369b96a41b3f9053.jpg

During the week ending August 30, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL attracted the show’s largest audience in almost five months (since the week ending April 19), reaching an audience of 3.39 million viewers. The daytime drama also bested its year-ago viewer number by +4% (from 3.26m). Source: Nielsen, live plus same day ratings for the week ending August 30.

• Members

I'd be there. Abc should do the same thing with AMC and OLTL instead of floating around these reboot rumors which probably aren't going to be true anyway.

Or better yet, just have either company relaunch SoapNet.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I'll believe ABC (or anyone) is interested in reviving AMC and/or OLTL when the first episode of the "re-reboot" premieres.

In retrospect, SN would have been perfect for relaunching AMC and OLTL after their network runs had concluded, as well as provide a launching pad for new and different shows that fit the ABC soap mold.  It's just a shame Brian Frons didn't see it the same way.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Thankfully, Frons and his soap hating ways are gone. SoapNet should never have been taken off the air. What they needed to do was drop The OC, One Tree Hill, etc. and start showing the classic soaps again that they had the rights to at one point (AW, RH), plus show other classic soaps like Loving, SFT, EON.

I agree about AMC and OLTL too. Had that happened, the reboots might still have been on.

• Errol unpinned this topic