LATEST RATINGS: June 3-7, 2019

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

DAYS is in freefall. I wonder if the Peggy McCay tribute can halt the downward slide.

Y&R is probably happy they aren’t hemorrhaging viewers as they were under Mal, but these small drops and tiny increases in HH/demos aren’t helping them recover lost viewers. The real test will be in six months.

• Members

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=52951

“THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL” POWERS INTO SUMMER ATTRACTING LARGEST AUDIENCE IN SIX WEEKS

For the week ending Friday, June 14, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL scored 3.22 million viewers, its largest audience in six weeks – since the week ending May 3.

The baby-switch story is dragging on B&B, but "psycho" Thomas seems to have sparked an uptick in viewership.

Ugh Days.

Edited by clubkidjeff

• Members

I don't care about Jack anymore. All his deaths and resurrections has turned the character into a joke. In fact all the deaths and resurrections, not just Jack's, has turned the whole show into a joke.

Why should I bother watching DAYS, or any of them, when they treat their audience with such lack of respect?

• Members

The big problem is that when death doesn’t matter, it’s no longer effective as drama. The stakes are gone. And characters being constantly *stunned* when dead characters are resurrected starts to become as phony as Taylor Swift’s legendary “shocked” face. If you’re going to be science fiction/fantasy, just fully own it. Otherwise it’s just lazy writing when you can always have a “get out of jail free” to undo past storytelling decisions.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Days HAS embraced it! They have an entire brigade of resurrected people thanks to Rolf’s serum. I love it. Back from the dead is my favourite convention of this medium. 

The writing is good. Ron is the best headwriter we’ve had since the second Reilly era. My problem is with the lack of budget resulting in terrible production values.

Also, the cast is awful. There are clearly characters that Ron is forced to write for (hello, RAFE!). Outside of Jack, Jenn, Marlena, John, and Victor, I don’t care about these characters. Days needs a major cast shakeup. 

Edited by Marlenaphan

• Members

They do it out of narrative convenience. DAYS only goes sci-fi when they need to make sense of some earlier screw-up, like killing off a popular character. There isn’t that sense of world-building or internal logic you get from really good sci-fi.

But it’s stupid for the people of Salem not to constantly consider the possibility that their deceased loved ones aren’t really dead, especially after Marlena, Hope, Stefano, Will, the list goes on, have all been magically resurrected. Yet we’re constantly subjected to characters in mourning without those questions raised, and it’s insulting to their (and our) intelligence.

• Members

You think Higley or Tomlin were better than Ron? If the answer is yes, I’m going to block you right now.

Ron has done everything I wanted since joining Days:

-brought back Matt Ashford on contract 

-brought back ED as Susan and Sister Mary Moira

-resurrected Kristen, EJ, and Will 

-completed the Hattie/Marlena switch story that first began in 2000

-gave me my Bonnie/Adrienne switch 

-brought back Mimi and gave her a miracle baby with Rex

-brought back Judith Chapman as Anjelica 

-brought back Lisa Rinna as Billie

-brought back Carrie for a couple of short arcs 

-brought back Princess Gina 

-brought back Dr Rolf