Random Soap Questions You Always Wanted The Answer To...

• Members

Once it was revealed that Celeste was her mother, I as a viewer suspected the daddy would be Stefano. It seemed pretty obvious. It all came out during the Aremid story arc... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks, that's what I thought. I know the outcome so it's hard to guess how surprising it was. I suppose the Celeste reveal may have been a little more. I loved Lexie's reaction to finding out about Celeste.

• Members

I only saw the character of Skye on GH, so could someone fill in some questions from her backstory for me? From a few clips I've seen, Skye thought Adam was her father long before she knew Rae was her mother. How did that situation come about? Also, I know Skye was an alcoholic as they continued that thread on GH. How did her drinking problem start?

Edited by SamandWillowFan

• Members

On Passions, who was Charity’s father?

What happened to Grace during the first twenty years of her life that she didn’t remember?

Who killed Grace in the bus explosion and why?

Why did Antonio leave town as a young man and change his name to Brian?

On Days, what was under the tarp at the jungle compound that Hope wasn’t supposed to see? 

What was in the freezer in Jonesy’s basement?

What are Austin and Billie’s real names?

Where are the Marlena clones now?

Why hasn’t Jo been mentioned since Jack returned?

How did baby EJ end up in Stefano’s custody after Susan tricked him and skipped town?

How did Kristen escape the harem dungeon?

• Members

On Days, what was under the tarp at the jungle compound that Hope wasn’t supposed to see? 

Never explained. 

What was in the freezer in Jonesy’s basement?

Never explained. 

Where are the Marlena clones now?

Never explained. Other than one being spotted in Iowa during the possession storyline. Perhaps she's a farmer who's struggling with the new tariffs. 

Why hasn’t Jo been mentioned since Jack returned?

Never explained. Same reason why characters like Tommy Horton or Marlena's parents are never mentioned. We are left to assume they've passed away at some point. 

How did baby EJ end up in Stefano’s custody after Susan tricked him and skipped town?

Never explained. 

How did Kristen escape the harem dungeon?

Never explained. I'm still annoyed that nobody reacted to her first reappearance in 2012, because nearly all of Salem believed it was SHE who died in the "killing pool," not Penelope Kent, which most Salemites never knew of. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Marlena’s parents were actually confirmed dead earlier this year when Marlena had her out of body experience.

I agree about Kristen’s return. They all thought she had killed herself, yet this was never mentioned when she came back.

Edited by Marlenaphan

• Members

Skye Patterson came to Pine Valley as an Australian singer, not a pop star, more of a lounge singer like Michelle Pfeiffer in the Fabulous Baker Boys at Tom's club (when she was introduced by Aussie actress Antoinette Byron there needed to be some explanation of her accent).  Her motive in moving to PV was that she had found out that her mother, also a singer, had an affair with Adam which resulted in her birth (according to the AMC history coffee table book). 

There was actually not a lot of exposition about it at the time.  It was after the mystery of Adam's first wife in the forbidden wing with Stuart, (and Skye was not the first wife's child), so the details were murky.  By the time the role was recast, she was no longer Australian, or a singer, she was just a socialite bigot who moved into the Chandler house.  The focus was more on her first relationship with Tom, and her arguments with Stuart about Cindy, rather than her history.  She was very close to her Uncle Stuart, which is why some may having thought that she was Adam's first wife's daughter, but that is not how she was introduced.  The whole Rae storyline was a retcon due to Linda Dano and Robin Christopher's prior success on Another World.

After her marriage and divorce from Tom Cudahy, she became an alcoholic to cope with the mounting pressures of trying to date Jeremy Hunter, who was also pining for someone else.  I recall that she sought treatment after hitting Natalie with her car while drunk driving, but I could be wrong because I couldn't verify it.  Her drinking made her an initial suspect in the murder of Will Cortlandt (Dixie's brother), much like half-sister Hayley (whose drinking was for some reason more of a concern for their father Adam).  So, she left Pine Valley, before the murder trial, to recover further out of town.  Also, at the time, the character was clearly made redundant by Hayley, who shared a lot of character details, and Adam didn't need two drunk daughters.

Edited by j swift

• Members

AMC:

• Why did Eric Kane betray Erica and sell his Enchantment stock to Natalie?  Erica was so devoted to him that it would have made much more sense to stick around and to slowly siphon money from her and to rake in dividends from his Enchantment stock.
  • When did Langley pass away?  After Phoebe died, Brooke said that Phoebe's last words were that she and Langley would be together again.
  • What happened to the Wallingford Estate, Linden house, McKay's, the Pine Valley Country Club, the Pine Valley Inn, the Boutique, Mrtytle's boarding house, Tad's mansion, and the Martin home? 
  • What ever happened to Myra and Slone? Both vanished in early 1992. What about Phoebe's trusted maid, Sarah Valentine?
  • What became of Julie and Ross Chandler?  Both left town in 1989 and were never heard from or mentioned again (well, Adam mentioned Ross in a throw away line when Palmer died).
  • What happened to Enchantment? 
  • Erica Kane had been a successful model and was a renowned business woman who had owned a hugely popular cosmetics company.  She had wealth, power, and fame; yet, she still yearned to be a Hollywood star at the close of the series.  Why?
  • What happened to Natalie's fortune after she died?  Trevor and the kids certainly weren't living a life of luxury.
  • What caused Janet to snap and kill the love of her life, Trevor?
  • Where did Mary Smythe go?
  • What happened to Tom and Livia?
  • Why did Mimi abandon Derek and Danielle?
  • What happened to Bitsy Davidson and Enid Nelson?
  • What happened to Angie's mom, Pat?  She never mentioned her when she returned to PV.

• Members

Regarding "Edge of Night", I tend to agree with J Swift that it was always the intention of Henry Slesar to reveal Jefferson Brown was a con man impersonating his friend Schuyler Whitney. 

Since Slesar's genre is mystery (and it's difficult to get inside his head and re-create his thinking process), it appears that he drafted a storyline in which a poor man named Jefferson Brown would benefit from the death of his wealthier friend Schuyler Whitney by impersonating Schuyler Whitney after Whitney's death.  Gunther Wagner was simply the henchman that Jefferson Brown hired to help carry out his nefarious plans.  All of Jefferson Brown's schemes would unravel because of the tell-tale birthmark which Dr. Bryson failed to conceal.   

As Jefferson Brown's misdeeds mounted, it was too late to turn course and try redeeming the character.   The storyline seemed to be "set in stone" that Brown would betray his henchman and murder Gunther, and then be revealed as an imposter.   What Slesar and P&G had NOT counted on was the growing popularity of Larkin Malloy and David Froman in the roles of Schuyler and Gunther.   The two actors had a strange and bizarre chemistry, not to mention the chemistry between Larkin Malloy and Sharon Gabet.  The only "re-write" seemed to come at the story's conclusion when a New Schuyler (the real one) came onto the scene with the Real Gunther.   This seemed devised simply to satisfy the audience's desire to see the two characters continue even after the planned storyline concluded.   And it DID result in some classic scenes.  I'll never forget Raven's line to the Real Schuyler when he appeared on the scene.  "I wouldn't marry you even if you were the last millionaire on earth!"  lol.        

• Members

Actually, Jennifer mentioned Tommy a couple of years ago. It was very shocking and out of the blue. She was telling the story about how he was MIA in Korea and presumed dead and how hard it was on Tom and Alice. However, there was no mention of where he is today. It was a reference made even stranger due to the fact that nobody even mentioned him during Alice’s funeral when everybody else either made an appearance or got a mention. His absence during the funeral alone (when they hired a new actor just so Bill could make an appearance) was the clearest indication that the character is dead. 

• Members

Y&R....back in the 90's during the Nina/Cole/Victoria/Ryan quad, they all received a mysterious phone call that summoned them all to the Colonade room to work it out. Who was it that called them ?

Did Stuart Brooks die or not ? What happened to Peggy when she stopped appearing ?

What became of Jack's stepdaughter Mai ?