Stark Differences between Chrome & Firefox

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

So the first post is ignored but the second isn't. Is their second post quoted like I just did yours?

Can you send me a screenshot as an example of what you are seeing for both occasions via email or PM, whichever you feel comfortable?

• Members

No, I'm just not going to be lashed out at and not respond. You know me well enough to know that. I said in my OP that this website won't survive in its current state or without more than one central administrator to take care of its issues. That's all I said. That's not an insult, it's a statement of opinion that I think is a fact, and I've said it before. If you have a problem with my saying it out loud or how I respond to being berated over it, that's fine but it doesn't change the issue or anything else.

And I still receive posts from people I have on Ignore too. I have for months. We've all reported it and like many things, it doesn't really get fixed. And sometimes when we do @ people or email we get told it's being worked on and then don't hear for weeks or months. These are just facts - they're not value or character judgments. I don't think that's all Errol's fault, but I do think the platform is consistently deteriorating and can't be maintained by one man in its current state. I believe he wants the best for his site and I've said that before too. But I don't think it's possible for at least this iteration of the site to be looked after with just one person who isn't always available (as none of us would be in his place) running it. I think time and these discussions bear that out.

I personally don't care that much what the UI or platform looks like so long as there is a stable, functioning website, preferably with a consistent and regularly available moderation team. I've never thought it should all be on Errol. You don't have to like how I say it, but I've said it as plainly and as neutrally as possible given how exasperating it's become and how I feel like we sometimes get castigated for offering basic, sensible complaints. It seems like the site's been paralyzed by this impending sense of doom for at least a few years. We've moved before or changed the site. It's not the end of the world, unless someone thinks it would be the end of SON. And if it is, well, that happens, c'est la vie. But I'd rather roll the dice than keep it deteriorating while Errol tries to do it all himself. That's how I see the fundamental problem with the site. YMMV. I'm done here.

• Members

I am a person who got a malware notice. I don't know if anyone else has. I didn't say anything about it because I guess it's common and I know it's not likely to be fixed. It did make me nervous about coming back here, but I have a lot of respect for a number of posters here (one of them being Vee), so I risk it. It's not so much just putting up with burdens as sometimes genuinely fearing the site will damage my computer, but, again, I know that's just how things are so I just take the risk and hope for the best. 

Edited by DRW50