I Dream of Jeannie: The Movie

R!ck

• Members

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/05/mar/01gurinder.asp

After Aishwarya Rai in "Bride & Prejudice", Gurinder Chadha is all set to direct Hollywood star Kate Hudson in the blockbuster adaptation of the hit American serial "I Dream of Jeannie".

Chadha, whose 'Big Bollywood Homage' to Jane Austen in "Bride & Prejudice" met with mixed responses in India and Britain, is ready for her first full-fledged Hollywood film. "And that too a $75 million blockbuster... I hope to keep M. Night Shyamalan company in the Hollywood blockbuster studio system," Chadha joked from Britain where she was supervising the shooting of husband Paul Berges' "Mistress Of Spices" with Aishwarya Rai and Dylan McDermott.

Chadha's next directorial project is an arabesque fantasy.

"It's an adaptation of the hit American serial 'I Dream Of Jeannie', about a feisty girl from 200 BC who gets turned into a genie, is put in a bottle by an evil king and is hurled into space where 2,000 years later she crashes into a NASA astronaut and ends up on Cocoa beach in Miami. I've finalised Kate Hudson to play Jeannie. We start shooting this summer in the US and Canada," she told IANS from London.

Excited about the prospect of going into a completely new and far more lavish area of filmmaking, Gurinder revealed that this large-screen adaptation of the hit series would take the main character to her beginnings.

"You could say my film begins before the serial. We chose Kate Hudson after zeroing in on a handful of big names. Kate conveys the vivacity, mystery and magic of the main character... qualities that Kate has probably inherited from her lovely mom Goldie Hawn."

Thank GOD Lindsey Lohan or Jessica Alba didn't get the part! At least now I will watch it :)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Kate is a good choice for Jeannie. She's cute and she can do comedy. I think she has the right personality for it.

I wonder who Master is going to be, because years ago, when this movie was being talked about, Jim Carrey was the top choice for the role.

• Members

Hollywood Original? BWAHAHAHAH! :lol: Hollywood hasn't been original since the 70's

If you want "original" watch Indies.

More than half of this years nominees and winners were independant movies. Of the five nominees for best picture 4 were Indies.

Brokeback Mountain: 14,000,000 budget

Good Night & Good Luck: 8,000,000 budget

Capote: 7,000,000 budget

Crash: 6,500,000 budget

Hustle & Flow : 8,000,000 budget

Junebug: 3,000,000 budget

Transamerica: 1,000,000 budget

Archived