Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh my God.

The first time I saw Kristoff St. John on Y&R, I thought he was a stunningly handsome, suave and intelligent performer. I thought he looked, sounded, behaved in a fascinating and utterly unique way. I understood instantly why they had him as the contrast to the more physical Shemar Moore, because Neil, it seemed, was more about mind vs. matter. Too many writers over the years took that as an excuse to turn Neil into the goat or cuckold or fool, to emasculate him, and too many fans went along with this characterization of both Neil and KSJ. But when he got something real he was brilliant.

What a tragedy.

• Members

Everyone grieves in their own way.  I see some fans going around twitter trying to disparage actors who haven't tweeted anything.  Leave people be!  Some may be too overwhelmed to say or tweet anything.  Some may tweet a few words just to get people off their back while they try to collect themselves.

People need time.

Speaking of which,

If Y&R is going to write a proper exit story for Kristoff/Neil (and they really need to get this right), they need the time to process and conceive then write a send-off befitting an actor and a character that has been on the show for nearly thirty years.

I've been turning this aspect over in my mind and I think they should wait until after the horrendous J.T. story has ended and is a memory so that Neil Winters' departure gets time and space of its own.  In the meantime, they could say that Neil made the decision that he misses his son and wants to be with Moses during his formative years.  Then take the time to write a really poignant send-off.

I just hope they don't rush it, just to tick it off the checklist.

Edited by DramatistDreamer