RIP: Candice Earley

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, [!@#$%^&*].  This one hurts.  A lot.

It's a testament to Earley's skills as an actress and her general affability that Donna Beck Tyler, the quintessential "hooker with a heart of gold," lasted as long as she did in AMC's Pine Valley.

[!@#$%^&*].

RIP Ms. Earley.

• Members

Earley had a real spark to her. It's fitting that she found a soap home in Pine Valley, which in the '80s and early '90s was the most colorful of any soap opera, past or present. There was always something about her work that you couldn't take your eyes off of, which helped her through the everyday scenes where she was just hanging around with Natalie (such an underrated soap friendship) and was there, waiting to explode, when she did have a big dramatic story. 

I'm glad she got to leave AMC on her own terms, for a happy new life, and I'm glad Donna got a happy ending after all her years of sorrow. 

• Members

The only time AMC ever held my interest was during the days when Donna Beck was center stage. Billy Clyde, Estelle, Phoebe, Edna, Benny -- such wonderful, Dickensian characters, and Candy Earley's performance was the grounding element that kept the stories real and relatable. RIP.

• Members

AMC and OLTL had that knack for creating indelible, larger-than-life characters that you couldn't imagine working as well on other shows.  That's one quality of theirs that was largely forgotten as the network exerted more and more control over the shows.

• Members

Ub5nfKP.jpg?1

CANDICE EARLEY

RYAN'S HOPE      Nurse              1976

ALL MY CHILDREN  Donna Beck Tyler Cortlandt Sago Tyler  1976-92; 1993; 1995

Earley had appeared on Broadway in Hair, Jesus Christ Superstar and the original production of Grease

RIP to a true beauty.

Archived