The Media/Journalism Thread

• Members

More than likely with pay. He should've been fired. This is the same network who brought back Jeff Tubins... the guy who showed his tiny one to other media outlets. You know smug Chris Cuomo will be back sooner than later.

I was so disappointed in the view today. They all pretty much wanted it to slide...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That information (including his personal investigation of one of the women who had made allegations against his brother) had already surfaced before he was suspended. I was expecting new information.

Also, I am not quite sure that he will drop this and move on. He is claiming to understand CNN's decision now but it wouldn't surprise me if he consults a lawyer and tries to fight his termination somehow, either that or get some type of compensation for the duration of his contract, that is, if he isn't already being compensated. The terms of his dismissal haven't really been discussed and they probably won't be.

• Members

It's easy for me to say  now, but I never liked Cuomo  much. He was attractive (not in the last few years), and charismatic, and he and Don Lemon had a good double act, but his entitlement and smugness were off the charts. His pivot to lecturing viewers on "wokeness" just made me dislike him even more. 

• Members

From what I have seen, this seems to be the 'Cuomo Way'. I never really got to see much of his show, other than clips floated about on social media, but what I have seen of Andrew (including that documentary of how he 'helped' run his father Mario's Democratic primary campaign for NYC mayor against Ed Koch. Entitled is a mild way of looking at that and it appears that Chris is cut from the same cloth as his older brother, just packaged in a better looking wrapper.

• Members

Dana Milbank, far from a liberal bastion in the past but rather a revered Beltway media vanguard, has come out with an editorial accurately shredding the media for attacking Biden even harder than Trump out of a mindless desperation for neutrality in the face of fascism. This has created a considerable shockwave inside the DC ecosphere, with typical shills like Brian Stelter all but adopting Milbank's viewpoint on CNN and making it a serious topic (which is a good thing, even if I detest Stelter and most of CNN), whereas the Politico gang predictably throws tantrums about it (and gets ratioed):

Meanwhile:

• Members

It continues to get worse for Politico, as Sam Stein has protected his tweets following a meltdown over widespread slamming of Politico's latest hot frontpage story: Kamala Harris' reluctance to use Bluetooth citing a security risk.

Edited by Vee