The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Brie Brie has doubled down into her right wing grifting, currently launching a podcast bankrolled by Peter Thiel. Not a surprise, but I am surprised at how some of her fellow dead end leftists are now openly disgusted with her (a Chapo loser burns her in the replies of this, which she gets very defensive about).

• Members

The New York Times seems to have lost its soul.
I'm a somewhat elderly person. When I was a young person in the 1960s, the motto of The New York Times was "All the news that's fit to print".   It still appears at the top left corner of page A1 of the print edition. But I cannot find it on their digital paper.
When I was young, I believed the motto and thought the paper had integrity.  Was I fooled? Did it ever have integrity? When did it change?

• Members

The NYT was running puff pieces on Hitler in the '30s, so I'd say they were always bad, just better at hiding it until the '90s when the mask was fully ripped off. 

Speaking of which, here they are with the same framing as other chinless wonders like Chuck Todd:

• Members

I was glad to see even Capitol Hill gaggle staples like Manu Raju (and say what we will about the CH kids' facile questions and addiction to the daily drama around them, some of them do work hard and all of them were endangered on 1/6) dismantling that piece.

• 2 weeks later...