Madonna's 15 Best Songs: Billboard Staff Picks

Soapsuds

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Music was her last big hit. It doesn't bother me as much as Ray of Light. Hung Up shouldn't be there either.  I love Vogue....has to be there.....Rain is another one that's missing too...IA with that choice.

And I play Borderline almost everyday....LOL

• Members

I know “Vogue” is iconic, but it’s my least favorite of her early ‘90s stuff. “Ray of Light” I don’t mind, but I’d prefer “Frozen” or “The Power of Good-bye” from that album (not a fave of mine). Whenever “Hung Up” comes on, I’m just pissed I’m not hearing “Gimme Gimme Gimme.”

• Members

Well, the problem is a lot of my favorites from her were not hits and a lot of her hits have not aged well.

i agree with “rain” and I would also add “rescue me,” “you’ll see,” and “human nature.”

i cant stand “material girl” and I don’t think Madonna can either, lol. 

• Members

I agree, she has so many hits that everyone tends have to have very different list. Also, a lot of her songs that weren't hits or weren't released were also pretty good due to her extensive discography. However, most people will probably agree on Like A Prayer - it's sort of become THE Madonna song over the years. 

I've never particularly cared for Take A Bow for example, but it was her longest running #1 hit in the US (in the UK, it was her first single to actually miss the top 10 in many years at that point in her career). Ray of Light got her her first Grammy and it's one of her best selling and critically acclaimed albums, so I guess if they had to include one song from it, it would have to have been the title track. 

• Members

I think the Ray of Light album is possibly Madonna at her most brilliant, so I'm happy to see RoL on the list -- if not surprised they didn't go with Frozen, which would've been my choice.

As for after RoL... I fully expected to see Music and Hung Up on the list. They're the best two, post-RoL.

Archived