Developing: 90210 Reboot with Original Cast!

Chris B

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love you, Ian, but nobody's gonna watch this show. I haven't turned the channel yet simply because the remote control is on the other side of the room.

This is too silly and indulgent. I want to say it could've been a one-off special, but not even that. This is the type of thing that should begin and end as a quick, fun 10-minute online clip.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Its been out there since March that BH 90210 was a show within a show concept where actors play fictional versions of themselves and FOX has been showcasing that in all interviews and Previews. Some fans just like to Bitch

• Members

I kind of enjoyed it but I still agree this is such a waste of a great opportunity. Like @Chris B said shows like Big Little Lies are huge right now, people like seeing adult, sharp written soaps this could have been an easy win for everyone. They could have done all the things they're attempting to do here with an actual reboot. Tackle aging in Beverly Hills, bad finances, mid life crisis, death of friends, etc and people would have ate it the hell up. CBS just has never understood how to properly utilize this franchise. I expect the show will have this one season and be done.

I want Heather Locklear to get herself together and for Darren Star and the peak Melrose Place cast to give us the 90s reboot we deserve because I know they'd all actually be down to do it the right way.

• Members

I absolutely believe that most of the cast wouldn’t have been interested in a true sequel series at all. If otherwise has been stated, then I am wrong, but they’ve always been like that group of popular kids from high school who are all still friends but don’t really dwell on high school memories because they’re living their lives in the present. This gives them that chance to work together without going “back” down the same road.

i love them, and I get it, and I feel bad that ppl are directly calling out “whomever had this idea” because we know it was Tori and Jennie, but it’s foolish to think everyone would want to see them all together and NOT playing their characters.

Didn’t Tori and Jennie have a sitcom a few years back that was a quick one and done? They even played former costars. Once again, “let’s work together without focusing on the old stuff.”

It’s so easy to make new stuff out of the old stuff!