What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Members
Posted (edited)

I loved THE AMERICANS! ALIAS of course wasn't half bad. I think I recall most of the seasons being very strong but maybe 2 were letdowns. Been too long though so my memory might be faulty. 

I've just begun watching the Star Trek franchise PICARD & it is so far excellent!!! Am especially enjoying an Another World alum Michelle Hurd in the cast! 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's quite fun, isn't it? I highly recommend it for those who haven't watched.

THE AMERICANS really is wonderful. Will start Season 4 sometime soon. As for ALIAS: Season 3 was showing a little wear and I thought they regrouped nicely for Season 4. The last season was a little wonky, mostly due to Garner's pregnancy I think, but came together nicely in the end.

Now binging DAWSON'S CREEK Season 4 (for the first time!)

• Members

Love those actors & especially enjoyed them in these roles. 

Yep, sounds right. 

I was a Team Pacey fanatic when it was on in its original run. I cannot hear the opening theme without feeling happy!!!

In my FB soap opera group we celebrate all beginning & ending dates of all soaps. Recently was DAWSON. I teased newbies that they did not know who in the cast IRL was having an affair. They wanted to think about it first & said they will let me know when they're ready to know. Just a bunch of folk watching it for the first time. Wheee. 

• Members

Pacey is a great character played by a fantastic actor. Honestly, he eclipses Dawson. I love him and Joey together. I'm so glad the show recognized the chemistry and Jackson's talent and went there.

• Members

You know me well @Soapsuds I'm on the time jump episode when George has the long hair. I've liked it so far though George makes me want to shake him for how stupid he is and how easy he is manipulated. And I loved his rivalry with the guy (who has grown up looking hotter) from the cancelled show WILL about William Shakespeare. And Julianne Moore....ooooo the shade, hunni!!!! LMAO...has been the best part of the show for me. But I'm two or three episodes behind. It has lost its momentum now that George is with the King I fear.

And now... @YRBB look at you watching all my faves!!! And BELOW DECK SAILING YACHT, too. I hope you are loving that messy ass season. Sorry that it is dealing with so much fallout for their already filmied fifth season that is now on pause. And ALIAS!!!! Great minds. I've been waiting to do a rewatch...but it will be the original DVDs with the original music. The reason why as much as I want to rewatch DAWSON'S CREEK, I can't without the original music....I watched most of it in real time so it doesn't hit the same. And I would love to have your opinion on the AMERICANS. I love Keri Russell from her FELICITY days (another show I might go ahead and watch even though yep...original music gone...but I loved that show and MMMMMMMMMMMMMM SCOTT SPEEDMAN.)  

BUFFY...will always love, but I'm not sure if I can sit through it completely now. That said...I'm on pause from ANGEL SEASON 2. But SEASON 2 was a ride on BUFFY. 

I think Season 4 was my least favorite season even though my favorite character returned at the end.

Please register in order to view this content

I get why ABC wanted to interfere and make them get back to standalones, but I was one of the rare few who loved the Season 3 coda and wanted to see it pay off. I agree on Season 5, but still loved that season.

Awwww Season 4 other than some weird writing choices was a good season. 

• Members

Do you mean the original opening theme for DAWSON'S CREEK? If so, it has been restored (albeit, a re-recorded version) for Prime Video. Hulu still has the non-HD, replaced version.

I am really enjoying Season 4 so far, although something seems to have changed. Did Berlanti become showrunner or something? It doesn't quite feel like Williamson. Oh, never mind, I just Googled it. He did indeed leave. lol

FELICITY is another one I have never seen but it's on Hulu so I plan to start. Have they also replaced the music for that?!

THE AMERICANS is building so wonderfully and thrillingly.

I love that I know NOTHING of what happens in BUFFY. Completely unspoiled (except, perhaps, that Buffy goes through a dark phase or something in season 6... I think lol)

Should ANGEL be watched concurrently with Buffy? i.e. Start Season 1 the same time as Buffy season 4?

Hmmm, I think ALIAS was in danger of becoming too jumbled in Season 3. It came very close. I can see the benefits on "focusing on character" and making things a little more standalone. I did miss the cliffhangers and craziness, though. Ultimately, I think it benefitted them to tone the Rambaldi stuff a little. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

That, too!!! But good to hear about the theme. Now do CHARMED.

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously, I watched the original runs in real time (and with VHS) so there are scenes that I remember when they aired and what music was played. A lot of the music and artist I've discovered growing up has been through movies and tv shows. Or the music resonated with the scenes in questions. So it does not hit the nostalgia the same when you see a scene that you still remember in your 'old' age but some generic music play. Yeeeah NO. I take that personal though I understand why. It's like soaps no longer being able to play the latest in music due to rights. What is coming to mind is Bo&Hope and Carrie/Austin on DAYS and their theme songs which of course if they were on, fans would never hear it now. 

LOL. Yeah. He did as Kevin Williamson really started to rise so they left Season 2. 

They did. lol. I don't know if it was as bad as the other shows I watched yet. But I can point to one of my favorite episodes in Season 2 The Aretha Theory where the girls beg Meghan to take them out to forget about their men problems and that music was changed. Cuz it was a fun quirky 'let's get characters who rarely interact' episode and Meghan actually having Felicity's back when they were in their frenemies stage was always a hoot. But like I said before, I love that show soooo much as a teenager turned college student (I even call out of my college friends to this day whom favors Keri Russell right down to her now long hair Felicity to this day) that I might have to tell Memory GTFOH and watch...something I've actually been doing with a (very, very) Dawson Creek's Season 5 binge because I liked them at college the first (and second and three) time around. But just in case, you never saw Season 5...I will shut up.

Good to know.

WHHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTT!!! This is your FIRST BUFFY watch. Oooo...dish!!!! lol. Outside of crossover episodes, I think you will be fine just on BUFFY. Heck there is one season where they are separate by tv networks and aren't even allowed to mention the other by name so you should be fine. But...like @Bright Eyes said...ANGEL Season 1 was airing concurrently with BUFFY Season 4. So you have a waaaaays to go. 

In hindsight, I agree with you about ALIAS Season 3. But as someone watching that craziness...it was TOO jarring. I wish they had found a better balance to not rewrite that ending but move into their standalone season for Season 4. I have always wondered since Lauren was talking about the very idea that Sydney didn't know who was pulling her strings. And that Sydney...listened. But alas. Still a great show which PS. also had its songs changed ugh. How am I supposed to enjoy Spy Mommy in Bangkok without her DEFINITE theme music when she shows how lethal she really was? I mean...UUUUUUUUUgggghhh!!! That generic song does...NOT DO IT.  lol.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

DAWSON'S CREEK, CHARMED, THE AMERICANS, even FELICITY, also CHARMED, I watched these all in real time.

The real question becomes PACIFIC PALISADES? KINDRED:THE EMBRACED? PENSACOLA? THE MONROES? CENTRAL PARK WEST? Stephen King's GOLDEN YEARS?

After HACKS I turned to watch the female DOCTOR WHO. Picked up 80 FOR 80. Turned to the ST franchise & am in PICARD. 

• Members

Not you mentioning KINDRED THE EMBRACED!!!! lol. LOVE. And CENTRAL PARK WEST...though I too young to understand it. lol. 

Yeah, I watched the DAWSON'S CREEK, FELICITY, and CHARMED in real time.