When real life gets in the way

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oooh!  Reminds me of another example: Josh Ryan Evans' death.  A truly sad coincidence how his real-life passing occurred around the same time as Timmy's on PASSIONS.  Did JER originally plan to resurrect Timmy as soon as Evans had recovered from surgery?

• Members

I wish I could exactly.  I think I have the SOD somewhere in my house.  I think he said it was much more complicated and intelligent than what played out.  He said he and his writing partner had like a 100 page outline to end the spencer/cassidine feud forever entitled endgame and move on from that stuff from the past, but the 'biotoxin'  story was not his.   Long story short is GH apparently bought the outline, but Tony Geary firmly denied any of it was used.  I am not sure I believe that. I remember it sounding like he was distancing himself from a poorly received story.  I don't think he ever revealed the actual "endgame" of the plot.  Perhaps Ron will use it someday?

I did some very lazy research and I guess part of the 2006 'monkey virus' thing was part of TG's original story.

• Members

Another change because of 9/11. On DAYS, Victor, Nicole, Brady and Chloe were on their way to Puerto Rico on Victor's jet when it crashed. The episode was supposed to air on 9/11 but aired the week after, with the crash scenes edited out, in the US version that is. The international version of the episode that I have include those scenes.

• Members

Marriages or relationships between costars!

The Callahans (RL divorce while they were paired onscreen)

The DaPaivas (a Max and Gabby love scene sent Kassie over the bend and the pairing was axed)

The Consueloses (Haley and Ryan had a heavy makeout session causing Marc to storm offset..the pairing was axed as well) 

• Members

Eva La Rue's discomfort with being back on the show AND with her estranged real-life husband was almost palpable.  I couldn't wait for that story to end.

I didn't know about KdP or Mark Consuelos.  How secure must their marriages be, though, to behave that way?

• Members

Well, as they say, "how you get him is also how you lose him."

Please register in order to view this content

Although I don't believe he's had much story as of late, I do think Kristoff St. John's recent breakdown and hospitalization would be another example of a real-life situation dictating some on-air changes.

• Members

Remember when Finola Hughes was booked to be Sabrina's mother on Y&R but at the last minute she returned to GH instead?  I recall that they never recast the part and Sabrina was killed off.  I wonder if that plot was re-written?

Archived