'Frasier' Reboot Being Explored

• Members

When the series ended (in what was one of my favourite series finales), Frasier had pursued Laura Linney's character to Chicago rather than taking a job in San Francisco, and I think Frasier teaching at a university would be a natural conclusion for his character.

I think the only way to do another Frasier series is for the original supporting cast to not be in it because they belong to the old (perfect) series and I do not think you can come home again. Though I would love to see them in guest appearances. However, I absolutely agree that a Herculean supporting cast is required. Much as Frasier was a starring vehicle for Kelsey Grammer, it succeeded because it allowed the supporting cast to shine every single episode. Niles and Daphne's 'will they or won't they' storyline spanned years and was probably the most popular the show ever had. Personally, Peri Gilpin's Roz was my favourite. 

I love the original series so much, it plays so well in reruns as a timeless comedy, that I would be hesitant to see it revived...but like Murphy Brown, I would be excited to see it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...