Who would you Cast???

• Members

Who would you cast on the soaps? For a certain role? Ill start

I am wondering if GH may actually may actually be bringing the webbers back with Liz's wedding

Here are my thoughts

Jeff Webber: Richard Thomas, Robert Newman, Mark Arnold, Laureance Lau

Liz's Mom: Ellen Dolan, Beth Chamberlin, Judi Evans, Kim Delaney

Sarah Webber: Martha Madison, Melissa Archer, Lauren Woodland, Melissa Clare Egan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Misleading thread title. 

Please register in order to view this content

I clutched my pearls when you began your sentence with, "Who would you..."

There are a lot of actors I miss seeing in daytime.  I'm not super confident that contract roles are in the cards for them, but if interested, I hope juicy, fun, short arc character opportunities come along. I'd love to see what Erika Slezak would do with another role.  On the other hand, I'd hate to see her or any of my favorites wasted on dreck.

• Members

You really wanna call this "The Casting Couch"?  Do you have any idea what the phrase REALLY means?  I wouldn't even GO there, especially while we're in the middle of the #MeToo / #TIMESUP movement.

By the way, good luck getting Kim Delaney back on daytime.

• Members

I'd like to see Colleen Zenk on Y&R. But the question is, as who? Maybe a long-lost Chancellor. I think she'd be aces in a business storyline -- push Victor's buttons, go head-to-head with Ashley. 

She played so many layers of Barbara Ryan. 

Other than my favourite actors I'm clearly biased over, she's my top choice for adding to the Y&R cast.

• Members

I don't like to speak ill of the dead, the actress Bobbi Jordan, who played Terri, but they would devote almost whole episodes to her singing in Terri's club on the show, and at least for me, that was reason to tune out.  She wasn't a bad singer, but, I think they probably used her singing to kill time.  Maybe they thought, "We're getting cancelled anyway."  I guess we'll never know for sure.

• Members

Whom would I cast to play the Webbers?

If it's only for a guest appearance or two, I'd at least ask Richard Dean Anderson to make a cameo as Jeff. If RDA said no...I'd accept Robert Newman. He's a decade too young, but hey, we could just say Jeff has been aging well. Mark Arnold might do, too. He was very charming on TEON, and could bring out Jeff's sweet side.

I dislike Ellen Dolan (too cold and aloof) and Chamberlin (too full of ticks and weird mannerisms). Judi Evans is too young. Kim Delaney's unreliability is well-known, so I would not go there. I'd try to get Susan Pratt back, and say that Anne Logan has been Jeff's wife all along.

Archived