Series You Loved from Beginning to End

YRBB

• Members

I can't think of many of shows I actually loved from beginning to end. Most of the shows I've watched over the years started out good, but ended badly. The only show I can think of, that I watched as a kid, is "Press Gang", but my feelings on that might be different now since I haven't watched it in years.

This video is a great tribute to the main character, IMO.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agree.  I think that was due partly to the fact that L&O was a story-driven, rather than character- or actor-driven, show.  They never had to resort to stunt casting, because viewers tuned in each week for the individual, close-ended stories and the legal and moral issues that they raised.  If only the other shows -- SVU, CI, L&O:LA, etc. -- had stuck to the same concept.

• Members

There is something to be said for telling an open and shut story each week. I didn’t realize it until The X-Files came back and the serialized episodes were a disaster and the stand-alones were pretty good, but I vastly prefer the Monster of the Week episodes of the classic X-Files too. 

Serialization is all the rage now, and I miss shows that did a really good job telling a complete story each week. 

Archived