TV Character's that got the worst(or no) exit from their series

dragonflies

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Miss Mahoney played by Jenny O'Hara in the 1979 episodes of Facts Of Life. When the show took a break and came back to finish the first season in spring 1980, she gone without a mention. The same can be said about Mr. Bradley (played by John Lawlor) who disappeared in season two. 

John Lawlor said he was upset when he was canned from the show. 

• Members

Frankly, unless he missed having a regular paycheck, I don't see why.  I mean, the writing for the first season was atrocious.  In a way, I feel like the producers did him (and Jenny O'Hara, Molly Ringwald, and the other girls) a tremendous favor by trimming the cast.

I'll go ahead and add "Mama's Family"'s Buzz and Sonja Harper to the list.  When the series was picked up for first-run syndication, Vinton's kids were briefly mentioned -- Thelma said, simply, that they had "moved away" -- and then never heard from or mentioned again.  Not even during the penultimate and final seasons, when Vint and Naomi conceived little Tiffany Thelma.

• Members

One that comes immediately to mind for me is Pixie Mason from the Australian cult classic "Prisoner: Cell Block H".

She was a naive, sweet-natured person who was hopelessly romantic and found herself in prison on multiple counts of bigamy. She was brutally raped, became catatonic with shock and ended up in a mental hospital

• Members

All these years later, and Tiffany is STILL doing her homework.

It's a shame Coco was written out of TGG, because having a gay man in the same household as the three ladies (Blanche, Dorothy and Rose) might have provided a nice contrast.  But, OTOH, there might not have been any room for Sophia, and SHE was the one who REALLY took off in that pilot.  (In fact -- and this is just my opinion -- but I'm inclined to think Estelle Getty/Sophia, and the audience's reaction to her, was probably the thing that helped NBC decide to pick up the pilot for series.)

• Members

Scott Scanlon on Beverly Hills, 90210. OBVIOUSLY the character did not belong anymore (and never really did), but they did him wrong. As much as I disliked The Gang's insta-woes over his death, the thing I hate the most is how the whole thing was basically a vehicle for David, who promptly never cared about Scott again after that episode. The whole thing just makes me so uncomfortable to even think about, and I honestly would have just preferred them write him out with a quick "Scott moved over the summer" line.

Archived