TV Character's that got the worst(or no) exit from their series

dragonflies

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah yes....  Lana on Three's Company.  She was quite funny and the camping episode was one of the funniest episodes I saw post The Ropers.  It's a shame the show didn't think to keep Lana on longer... it would have helped during the shaky fifth season when Suzanne was getting fired and Jennilee (I felt bad for her) was expected to perform miracles by replacing Suzanne Somers.  And speaking of which... Cindy on Three's Company didn't get a proper exit either.... she appeared during terri's first season.. and then she stopped appearing without an explanation (granted her character was living at UCLA.. but still).  She and John Ritter were a perfect physical comedy team with her being the set up and he delivering the physical comedy punch line.

• Members

I had to look it up to be sure and yes...played by Heather Tom's sister. 

Yep, yep. Even as a young'un I had a crush. Yeah, he was dumb before I knew what dumb was but darn it if he wasn't adorable.

I blame it on being raised in a small town in the South.

• Members

On The Golden Palace of how the characters of Miles and Stan were so shamelessly written off. I wondered why they even bothered other than to tie up loose ends from TGG. 

Sable's cliffhanger on Dynasty not even being resolved or mentioned in the reunion movie at all. 

I know Howard Rollins had legal and major health issues, but I found it sad how they had Virgil Tibbs' personal life fall apart and then he just faded away on In the Heat of the Night. 

Maggie on Falcon Crest, April on Dallas, Linda Fairgate on Knots Landing, and as mentioned Scott on 90210 were a quadfecta of grisly, gruesome deaths on TV for the early '90s. 

• Members

I enjoyed Cindy as well, and Jenilee seems to have been a real trooper, trying her best to fit into the show's fabric and create the character, but I think they've said several times throughout the years that the main drawback to Cindy was that, by her very nature, she couldn't bring the sex appeal the way Chrissy had. They found a new type of sexiness with Teri that was less physical (SS bouncing around in her tight tops) and more sophisticated, flirty, etc - oddly enough, I think Teri more closely resembled what Chrissy would have evolved into had they not dumbed her down to the intelligence level of a cup of jello pudding. Unfortunately, by the time Teri was settled in, the show as a whole had become so cartoonish, and there was no turning back. I can't even listen to the later versions of the theme song with rolling my eyes.

• Members

Maude Flanders on The Simpsons. Her voice actress, Maggie Roswell, was in contract disputes (she eventually returned, as she voiced other characters.)

Even though Maude herself wasn't a huge loss, the way she died definitely represented the shift for Homer as loveable idiot to total [!@#$%^&*]. He caused her death and was totally unrepentant about it. I can deal with [!@#$%^&*] characters, for example South Park's Eric Cartman has been a selfish [!@#$%^&*] from day one, but this wasn't the Homer that we knew and loved.

This one I am OK with. Scott didn't fit in with the direction the show was going in, and I feel like the way he died was very "of its time." The suicide of Jeremy Wade Delle was big in the counter-culture among teens at this time and they were trying to appeal to that, I think.

Archived