Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm willing to give Mal some time on Hillary, because he has done a good job writing for her, despite recent developments. 

I wish Thad Luckinbill was having the success of Justin Hartley. He's a natural.

I think Neil is done for until Kristoff St. John is in a better place. And to be honest, that's probably for the best. There is no rush to bring him back if his mental state is suffering. Unless something has changed?

• Members

True to doing both. 

I think Devon's increas in airtime since NYE had more to do with playing supporting to Tessa and Mariah than anything. Using him to give them both story and something to do. At the moment, his POV is minimal in Hilary's story. He was even given a new offscreen girlfriend that we've yet to see on a date and he didn't even share a scene with on Valentine's Day although she was on. Point here is she and he only exist as sngst for hilary. 

I do think Devon's benefitted from Neil being out in that he's allowed to make choices and have agency because TPTB doesn't need to write Neil in and give him a bigger role in both Devon and Lily's stories. They arent being forced to center Neil in Devon's story. Unsurprisingly, this is working for BJ/Devon. This is the most grown up he's ever been even if the writing for him is crap. 

Yes, they do. But how do they gauge when he's ready of not by him and his doctors? 

• Members

Probably the same 'secret passage' Chloe used because those are common in new high rise buildings... You'd think a seasoned con like Chelsea would have luggage, extra car, etc. stashed away in a different location for this type of situation - especially since she's been at risk for a couple of weeks now. Very messy.  

• Members

Oh, silly me.  I had forgotten they're standard features now.  I'm so out of touch.

No one mentions the money anymore.  Nice segue, Mal.  NOT.

Could someone explain to me what is the deal with Victor/Nikki?  Are they married in name only these days or ?  And if they are, why did they agree to this arrangement instead of just divorcing?  

• Members

I'm confused, are we supposed to be siding with the Ashbys/Winters in this? Cane still got wasted, cheated on his wife, and lied about it, he also sabotaged Brash & Sassy. Yes Hilary knew he didn't sexually harass Juliet, but honestly who the [!@#$%^&*] even cares. Cane literally was rewarded a CEO position and his family back before ever even paying for anything. This writing is so stupid. His damn wife is totally over her issues with the damn baby already.

Archived