GH Actress Demoted

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It’s all rumors, but to read that the writers had the story ready to go too, and he still let her go and scrapped her story, that is all Frank trying to save his budget or get money to hire another one of his pets.

Its time for him to go.  It’s been time, but now it’s really time.

• Members
robin strasserVerified account @robinstrasser

Bad Decision in High Places! #GenieFrancis is a fixture in our hearts-We of a certain age, remember exactly where we were for #LukeAndLaura's marriage:) (#OLTL actors stood watching in the make-up room...Cheering for the "I DO"s:) When #MichaelLogan speaks out-it gets heard!

• Members

Of all the performers recently on the canvas, no one deserves to be on GH more than Genie Francis. With her longevity, history, and popularity, she represents the show's heart. There is almost nothing remaining on this series of its roots; almost nothing that makes GH...GH.

TPTB continue to decimate the remaining soaps, alienating viewers more and more. Looking at the current cast list, I would personally axe 80% of GH's cast. At this point, the real GH is dead. If its current incarnation were to be cancelled tomorrow, would anybody really, REALLY care?

• Members

So another GH regime disrespects Genie Francis...disgusting. Sadly, I'm no longer shocked by it. Execs and writers have a long history of showing contempt for Genie as well as for so many other actors who helped make this show must-see at one time.

While I'm sure Frank is concerned about his budget (not so much that he wasn't willing to do anything he could to get Steve Burton back last year), I also believe if Benard or Howarth started hinting that they were ready to leave, Frank would suddenly find the keys to Scrooge McDuck's money vault and offer them the moon. There are dozens of characters on this bloated canvas that can be dropped immediately and they'd be forgotten within days, if not minutes. Stop messing with the legends.

I don't do twitter, but for once I almost wish I did so that I could join in the public trashing that Frank's probably receiving on his account. Not that it would accomplish anything, but it would be a moment of fun in response to this latest act of stupidity.

Archived