Jump to content

CBS Television City Up For Sale?


Recommended Posts

  • Members

That's interesting. Bill Bell said in an interview that he wished he had bought Television City when they first started doing Y&R in 1973. He said at that time there wasn't a whole lot there in way of construction and could have gotten at a steal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

CBS is landlord to Y&R and B&B, so they'll either switch landlords by a sale to another company that keeps the television operation or they'll find a new studio. 

 

Y&R could have the option to move to Sony Studios in Culver City. There's also CBS Studio Center at Radford in Studio City. There's probably a lot of cast members who would prefer to work out of Radford since they live in the Valley. Conversely, Brad Bell would probably hate it driving from Bel-Air. 

 

That said, CBS Television City is an iconic space. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
13 hours ago, SoapDope said:

That's interesting. Bill Bell said in an interview that he wished he had bought Television City when they first started doing Y&R in 1973. He said at that time there wasn't a whole lot there in way of construction and could have gotten at a steal. 

What would have been diffrent if he baught it?  How much control of CBS wouldve he had?  Would've he still needed a distrabuter like Columbia/Sony?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
47 minutes ago, allmc2008 said:

What would have been diffrent if he baught it?  How much control of CBS wouldve he had?  Would've he still needed a distrabuter like Columbia/Sony?

I don't know. He stated that in his Archive Of American Television interview he wish he had purchased it in the early 70's. I know a lot of shows were being taped there even then like Y&R, Carol Burnett, Price Is Right, Tattletales, Match Game, Jokers Wild, My Three Sons etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, allmc2008 said:

What would have been diffrent if he baught it?  How much control of CBS wouldve he had?  Would've he still needed a distrabuter like Columbia/Sony?

 

It would not have made a lick of difference.

 

CBS has say because it's the network the show is sold to. Sony has a say because it produces the show. It could be taped on Venus and it wouldn't make a difference.

 

All it would have done is made Bill Bell even richer than he already was when he died. The Bells are richer than Croesus!

Edited by DaytimeFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 10/3/2017 at 9:35 PM, SoapDope said:

I don't know. He stated that in his Archive Of American Television interview he wish he had purchased it in the early 70's. I know a lot of shows were being taped there even then like Y&R, Carol Burnett, Price Is Right, Tattletales, Match Game, Jokers Wild, My Three Sons etc...

Instead of writing 50 words you could've just said, "I don't know."  So, thanks, for wasting my time.  I was hoping by the end there would've at lease something of substance.

23 hours ago, DaytimeFan said:

 

It would not have made a lick of difference.

 

CBS has say because it's the network the show is sold to. Sony has a say because it produces the show. It could be taped on Venus and it wouldn't make a difference.

 

All it would have done is made Bill Bell even richer than he already was when he died. The Bells are richer than Croesus!

I wonder if he would've wound up buying the distributor though.  THAT is where things would've been different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
18 minutes ago, allmc2008 said:

Instead of writing 50 words you could've just said, "I don't know."  So, thanks, for wasting my time.  I was hoping by the end there would've at lease something of substance.

 

Slow week on Chaturbate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
26 minutes ago, allmc2008 said:

Instead of writing 50 words you could've just said, "I don't know."  So, thanks, for wasting my time.  I was hoping by the end there would've at lease something of substance.

 

Have your parents grounded you and you're going stir-crazy? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, allmc2008 said:

Instead of writing 50 words you could've just said, "I don't know."  So, thanks, for wasting my time.  I was hoping by the end there would've at lease something of substance.

 

 

It's actually 44. I promise to try to make my posts have more substance, if you promise to stop fighting against mental health. 

 

I like your new profile pic. It's so much classier than the shirtless one of you showing your pubes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 hours ago, SoapDope said:

 

It's actually 44. I promise to try to make my posts have more substance, if you promise to stop fighting against mental health. 

 

I like your new profile pic. It's so much classier than the shirtless one of you showing your pubes. 

+1

 

10 hours ago, YRBB said:

 

Have your parents grounded you and you're going stir-crazy? 

LOL

 

10 hours ago, Vee said:

 

Slow week on Chaturbate?

Hehehe

I told my aunt about this sale and she is thinking about putting in a bid. She works in the industry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
14 hours ago, Vee said:

 

Slow week on Chaturbate?

Lol.  

14 hours ago, YRBB said:

 

Have your parents grounded you and you're going stir-crazy? 

 

12 hours ago, SoapDope said:

 

It's actually 44. I promise to try to make my posts have more substance, if you promise to stop fighting against mental health. 

 

I like your new profile pic. It's so much classier than the shirtless one of you showing your pubes. 

I was never one to not share my toys

Please register in order to view this content

 

Sorry about what I said.  I was having a bad day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
  • Members
On 10/4/2017 at 9:41 PM, allmc2008 said:

Instead of writing 50 words you could've just said, "I don't know."  So, thanks, for wasting my time.  I was hoping by the end there would've at lease something of substance.

 

And thank YOU for wasting OUR time in general.

 

On 10/4/2017 at 10:02 PM, Vee said:

Slow week on Chaturbate?

 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy