What were the first classic soap clips you saw on YouTube?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never watched Search but loved watching the last episode - and Ryan's Hope - the last episode.  The things I've looked up on YT over the years are usually Guiding Light or As the World Turns related.  GL - Maureen and Lillian when Maureen finds out Ed cheated with Lillian - and Michelle was a grade schooler or so.  World Turns - nothing beats Lily's reveal at the Snyder's/Iva that she was a child of rape.  But the opening themes too.  I loved Guiding Light's opening theme in the 80's before it changed to the Lighthouse whip-around.  I liked that one too but the one before it was so fabulous.  And I was never an Another World fan, but the opening of "You are my Way" by Crystal Gale - I used to change the channel just to see that opening. 

• Members

Really impressive that some of you guys remember what it was! 

I don't remember the first video (or the experience at all), but my earliest memories are looking up GUIDING LIGHT. I had a whole list of clips/episodes to watch, but never got around to most of them...

• Members

That's a tough one. Probably the scene where Dru Winters told off her mother and another one where she went at it with the woman that Olivia's husband cheated with. There was also a scene where Jill and Mamie argued about John, which was stellar.

• Members

Almost a decade ago I followed a link to a "classic Y&R episode" and I was certain that once again I would not be allowed to watch it outside the U.S. 

I pressed play and expected the usual message to show up: "This video is not available in your country." And then I saw a young Jill Foster with her mother and brothers talking about the return of her father. I was ecstatic! This was my first memory of YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived