GH has a new co-head writer

• Members

Shelly will have Chris Van Etten as co-head, and he's a lifelong fan and brilliant writer.

Jean confirms Chris Van Etten is Shellys co head writer. Hes quite young to as well. He has worked under Ron on OLTL and been at GH for awhile. He probably brings a fresh vision to GH. You have Shelly who has the gusto for GH paired with someone fresh and young. Jean raves he is a longtime GH fan.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well Jean made it sound like Shelly was flying solo. I think its cool they chose someone kind of fresh and young. I think Chris is in his late 30s. He started his career as an.assistant to Gary Tomlin in 2001 and then stayed with oltl all the way to its ending in different positions. Ron brought him to GH about 5 years ago and so more experience.  We need modern day writing in this genre and Shelly has nothing but fresh ideas.

• Members

Why do I see a Dena/Ron thing at OLTL, They will cohead for a minute like Dena and Ron did but Dena was fired and Ron was HW

I see byebye shelly  and then Chris will be HW as I assume his salary is cheap

• Members

People calling him a hack this is his first time co head writing but he has alot of experience. Shelly isnt going anywhere shes beloved by cast and crew. Her ideas are modern and Chris being only in his late 30s is young for a head writer. He brings a young perspective to GH.

Archived