Days: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed Thursday's episode. I didn't find it boring at all. The plot moved a little bit while allowing time for the characters to breathe. I especially liked the Abe/Andre/Chad scenes, and Abi/Dario, and Kayla's 'grief' over packing up her office.

I am tired of that same damn set being used as 5 different offices. TIREDTT. 

Tripp's revenge on Kayla is such a great soap story. I hope they live up to the potential.

He looked hot as fυck. What?!?!! Maybe a little disheveled because he was out for a run? 

When he cleaned up afterwards and went to the office, I was like -- daddy. His hair is especially amazing.

I was thinking the same thing about Adrienne... although I think Marlena's outfit was just fine.

• Members

Friday was the best day of the week (REAL CLIFFHANGERS!). But Abe actually got a little bit of airtime. Steve and Kayla got some nice romance.

Their outfits are tragic. LOL. Adrienne's more-so, she already looks like Bonnie IMHO. I mean, it's summer time. I know it's the midwest, but damn, they are dressing like it's cold outside. I guess hospital's are supposed to be cold ... lol

• Members

The car crash...

Please register in order to view this content

Chad is pushed out of the way but Abigail can't move....LOL....the directing for those scenes were awful. Albert Alar needs to stop directing...he sucks.  Marlena must have shrunk to fit into that black bag......LOLOLOLOL

And Richard Culliton's writing wasn't great either.....Chad....the car must have been going 30mph to maybe 40mph....yet neither he nor Abby couldn't move out of the way?....LOL

• Members

What, Soapsuds doesn't like it. I'm shocked

I thought the crash was fine. LOL. I've accepted these shows are amateur hour. It is what it is. They're on a shoe-string budget and did the best they could (sad to say, I know).

It was a weaker Culliton script. He's usually pretty good.

I had to roll my eyes at Hattie dragging Marlena's body around town in a bag. Really? NO ONE sees this? lol come on

I like Lucas Adams but his reaction as Tripp finding out Kayla was re-instated was so bad.

Maybe Alarr is the problem, the direction wasn't great.

Shhh. Pesky details

• Members

Yeah, it was badly directed episode. If they wanted us to believe the car scenes then Culltion should've had Chad say the car was going at 65mph ...instead of the ridiculous 30mph line.....

And I didn't say I did not like it....I said the writing was bad and the directing....the episode would have been better had someone else directed it and wrote it.

• Members

I know right. That scene caused me to have more questions than answers. Sometimes less is better DAYS. If they had to show scenes of Hattie actually taking Marlena out so she could take her place, at least write it where she'd have help in doing so. Anjelica couldn't lend Hattie a henchman or two? 

Liked the Chad/Abby/Dario scenes despite the production value of it lol

• Members

LOL, I can see why they didn't bother breaking the budget for a car scene since I doubt Abby being run over will have any sort of long-term impact. But omg the flashback sequences were even worse than the actual car scene!

Gee, John Aniston has really given up on even trying to act. It's sort of annoying because we know he can act, yet he is incredibly flat.

The Hattie / Marlena scenes were fun - Deidre obviously loves playing Hattie and has come alive for the first time in ages. And LOL at her dragging around Marlena all over Salem. Yeah, no one would ever think it's slightly suspicious that someone's dragging around a body-sized bag around town. No one. Nope. For all intent and purposes Anjelica is a really bad plotter - Stefano would never let this happen!

LOL at Kayla just being reinstated on the spot. That's how it works in real life show. You just get to know that you're cleared and then go back to work. Lucky it happened just as Abby came in! Also, why on earth aren't there any other doctors? The hospital is completely dead. Would it kill them to put in some extras in the background to give a sense that more is going on in the hospital and there's more citizens in Salem than the ones we follow? Actually, it probably would literally kill them as the budget is so tight these DAYS so... never mind.

Also, the sets are so drab. There's literally no windows facing to the outside and if there are they are covered by curtains. The lightening really needs work because there seems to be an eternal darkness over the show.

• Members

I thought the flashback of the accident was FAR better than what we saw LOL

The lighting on this show has been tragic forever. Griffith's lighting was much more suited for the show.

The lack of budget is also showing such as a lack of extras. Just call up a bunch of fans and have them mill about the sets and give 'em a few bucks

Archived