GH: Actor out?

• Members

There's nothing to save of B&B - it was mostly what it was due to the charisma of it's main actresses, who either retired/left (Flannery, Joanna Johnson, Tylo pre-butchery), or passed away (Darlene Conley). And I guess Ronn Moss, in his peak years. While I can at least say KKL hasn't completely butchered her face the way JMW has (the last promo I saw of her was terrifying), Brooke is just a played out character. Any show that has Heather Tom for a decade and can't produce a single story of merit for her is a show that isn't worth investing in.

It's hard to feel like any of the soaps are going to ever amount to anything other than background in a doctor's office, although many seem to feel Y&R has improved. I rarely watch, so I can't say. 

GH will never improve unless ABC starts caring. They don't. They probably never will again.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's such a shame, seeing the eroding legacy of soaps. When produced properly by people who understand the genre, nothing is more engaging than daytime TV. Alas, all the great artists of the industry have moved on or passed away, and there is no one left to save the few remaining, dying shows.

• Members

@Soapsuds where did you hear Easton is going to DAYS? He's the LAST person the show needs and I think Ron was forced to write for him not that he wants to. I sure hope not. He was already on DAYS though so I guess he could be reprising his nothing of a character. Yet there are SO many other characters they should be bringing back.

• Members

ME was once extremely popular with Kelly Monaco too and that didn't work out so well the second time. I enjoy Melissa very much but I couldn't bring myself to watch her with him again. I was never a big fan of theirs on OL. She was so much better with Jared (until the "cousins" story ruined it) and I thought her and Brody had great chemistry!

• Members

Maybe Easton can play EJ on Days with a British accent. Ron loves that kind of stuff (remember Denise Demuchio??). I'm sure Ron would love to have Ali Sweeney back more regularly and pair her with one of his former OLTL/GH actors.  But I still don't think it will happen. I can see a few GH people making an appearance.  I've already said elsewhere, I think Tyler Christopher will be on Days at some point.  

Archived