B&B: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I wish bradkey would look at how his father introduced the original spectra gang... they were introduced due to clarke garrison not feeling he was being given respect at forrester depsite being married to Kristen.

It was a slow process..first eith sally, Saul, and darla...and eventually with Macy coming back....and the show took months after macy arrived to pair her with Thorne.  Plus, Donna Logan was a model there, but she didnt tell anyone even Brooke until she came down the runway wearing a similar dress that a model at Forrester wore...and this caused more tension between Brooke and stephanie...where Stephanie accused Brooke of being a spy...then later confronting donna.  Seeing original donna and Brooke's different ways of handling Stephanie's verbal smackdowns highlighted the different between both brooke and donna....Brooke was a social climber and wanted wealth so she would keep wanting Stephanie's approval...while Donna was more content living life how she wanted to so she didnt care about getting Steohanie's approval.....

It isnt hard to write a good story...but Bradley needs to slow it down as well as getting a atrong co headwriter who can help with story and pacing...or fire him..and have Lauralee bell write the show.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JY, who is one of the few who can act when given more than 3 lines a week, is completely wasted. Instead of grandpa Widge getting so much airtime - Rick, as the true Forrester heir, should be leading this generation of B&B.  

Nice tribute to KKL & JMcC. I still think KKL has more than earned the #1 slot in opening credits. B&B knows promotion and by far has the best visual presentation - even figuring out how to use LA - like a prime time show. Too bad no effort is made for the story. 

• Members

The kids playing RJ and Coco are surprisingly good for current day soap teens. They not only look like actual teenagers but they both have naturalistic acting styles. Can't wait to see this show destroy their potential.

• Members

Speaking of RJ, why is this teenage kid who should be in school head of interns? Isnt he like 15,16? When he was sitting in on the interview with his brothers, I thought okay, maybe they want to let him see how things work but now he works at FC in a position of power? Even if it is interns, what experience does he have to offer them? What are they getting out of this, following and taking orders from RJ, who is pretty much new on the scene himself? Zende was an adult and was an intern to gain experience and learn about the business from the bottom level. RJ shouldnt be there but since he is, he should be an intern himself, not head of them

• Members

Which they had an opportunity to remedy with Rick/Nicole 'bonding' over Lizzy and a new baby, but that was abruptly abandoned. I guess Brad felt it would be un-PC to have Rick cheat on a TG. I feel sorry for both EY and KM. If Brad wants to keep them as a couple with no problems, fine. But at least give them things to do at FC or have Rick/Maya bolt to Spectra. At times it seems that sPam and Gomer Pyle have more to do than Raya.

• Members

Is that even a question?  The Quinn Show began at least 3 or 4 years ago when I started re-watching.  I quit pretty much completely 5 months ago.  She shoves people off of bridges.  Kidnaps people.  Fakes people out.  Has showers built for millionaires who can certainly afford an outdoor shower.  *ucks with everyone in LA.  It's the Quinn show, y'all. And the same people that like Quinn wonder why Rick and Maya and other characters don't have any story.  LOLLLLL. 

And I'll say this - I'm shocked at the 30 year anniversary clips.  B&B was never really very good compared to other soaps.  But to see these 30th anniversary clips - shows you how GOOD it ACTUALLY WAS.  LOLLL.  They competed against great shows on their own Network.  They don't have competition on their own network now and they still stink.  These old clips - had no idea how decent the show really was. 

• Members

I'm enjoying the anniversary clips and miss that show.  I'm assuming that they'll continue showing them in chronological order.  But if that's the case, I find it odd that they've excluded highlighting any scenes with Sheila.  I know there are a number of characters they could have showcased, but how can you ignore the impact Sheila has had on the show?  Hell, they've threw in a random Usher (Raymond) scene without any context just so they can remind us that Usher was once on the show.  LOL!  Or even moments like Eric and Stephanie having a pillow fight should have been replaced with something more significant.

That said, I'll take these old clips over the current show any day.  They're the only things worth watching at the moment.

Archived