B&B - February 2017 Discussion

• Members

Yikes. Today's episode was truly cringe-worthy.  The execution was horrible and the set-up even worse and illogical.  You could tell that nuSally and JMW weren't feeling the forced food fight at all. It was painfully awkward. And exactly why do we need Grandma around? A new character that has zero ties to canvas. Saul could've filmed it. Pretty bad stuff. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And if the real Sally really wanted Spectra back up and running she'd be there. Bradley should have written off her character for good instead of this idiotic with hot guys in an island mess. CJ should be involved in it but since his mother is still alive on the show he isn't. I like Saul and he could be the gay character B&B has never had.

• Members

Exactly. And why would it have been so bad to recast Sally Sr.? DC was wonderful, but the decision was made to keep the character alive. Patrica Darbo would've have been perfect to play Sally - not that irrelevant dimwit Grandma. I'd argue the cabana boys on the island is a huge insult to DC and Sally's legacy. 

• Members

B&B is overdoing the camp.

Darlene was always larger than life but the Spectras never became overly broad until the later years of their run & even then Darlene was able to keep the humor grounded.

The nuSpectras lack the trashy heart & earthy charm of the original Spectras.

• Members

I can honestly say I disagree with some of the posts.  I actually watched some of today and FF alot of the other stuff.  The Sally Spectra makes sense to me.  I only tune in for about 5 minutes a week or so...but I saw one episode a week ago? Maybe?  But it was so stupid - the Forresters were in the CEO office and Eric was talking about Sally Spectra....and Pam said something (it was so stupid)...."she stole your designs, right Eric?"   Well - I've watched off and on since the beginning - but - yes, back in the day Spectra stole the Forrester designs like, every other day. 

Anyway, yes, the new Spectra stuff is over the top and campy.  But I like the actress who is playing Sally.  I haven't seen alot but I did watch for about 10 minutes total today, FF anything Wyatt, Bill, and although it was campy and over the top - So was Sally the original.  It was awful and funny.  I think this actress is pretty good and it's of far more interest than more of the gruesome 4-some.  Of course they're making Sally's clothes look like the 80's....they never changed the company logo either.  And in fashion, everything old is new again...stuff always comes back around. 

I think they're more on the right track to try a storyline of 2 feuding businesses - which is what the show was originally about, rather than more Quinn - Insert Wyatt, Liam, (GIRL NAME) for Quinn to try and get the girl for Wyatt, Liam to play the poor puppy dog, etc. etc. - add in everyone talking about Quinn when she's not there.  I'd rather see this than any of that, and I didn't really think it was bad at all.  I'll duck now. 

• Members

Don't get me wrong - nuSally has a lot of potential. She's been on almost daily for a week - and has impressed me with her presence. I'm just not buying the story that's being told - at all. 

Oh and I swear today - more than usual - JMW was channeling HT - not just her looks but her poise. I really wish HT would make appearances again. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Bootleg Sally is awful! Her fashion is FAR from fashionable

She's too young and I would find it hard to buy her as Sally with that soft voice. I think Sally's deep voice was just as much a part of her character as her flashy red hair

• Members

I understood at the time Brad wanting Sally to 'live forever', especially with her family and friends off the canvas, but now that her family is back, this was the time to off her.

I tuned in to check out the new Sally. I like her. More than most of the cast, TBH. I don't see her with Thomas though. And yeah, he's a bit bloaty. It's pretty noticable. The haircut and dirt on his chin don't help though.

I like Saul. But if he's straight I'm going to picket the offices because there's no way he would be.

Patrika Darbo's character seemed unnecessary but I guess she'll be Sally's helper, like with the phone taking a video of the food fight. Wish DAYS would keep and use Darbo but at least she's working, love her.

It was nice seeing CJ. Mick Cain hasn't seemed to age. I kinda lol'd at the scarf around his neck. He looked ridiculous.

It was nice seeing the Spectra set again too.

Archived