2017: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members
On 2/11/2017 at 5:16 AM, UK LAW said:

His name has started appearing again. 2 days in a row this past week I believe. 

I also noticed that Sara Bibel's name appeared on the same title card (as it were) as Brent Boyd. This is Monday 13th February. Just under his name. I don't know if it means she just assisted him to do whatever his role is (the name escapes me) for this episode or if she will assume his role going forward.

Remains to be seen.

I saw that.  Would be unusual for YR to have six breakdown writers.  If Seidman stays, I would expect someone to go...Maybe FOJ Michael Conforti.  Boyd is script editor.  I think he is at the studio and edits all the scripts and does re-writes when they're shooting stuff and it needs to be reworked.  Perhaps he was out and Bibel edited the script. Boyd is an other FOJ; wonder how long he'll be with Sally's team.  Seems odd that he ever got the editor role given he had no prior history with the show.  

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The WGA are a joke! 

1. Did Courtney Simon ever HW?  Toups?  She should have HW ATWT after Marland passed.

2. Jean Pissy is full of sh!t!  Really beyotch...you are responsible for most of the soaps being canceled that you mentioned and her laughing at no one else being nominated is in poor taste. It figures she has no class besides being the worst HW writer in daytime history.

3. The GH writers are scary looking....LOL.....who was the cutie behind that witch to the left.....LOL

4. Why bi coast winners?

• Members
On 2/21/2017 at 10:14 PM, Toups said:

GH wins WGA Award (east coast):

This is the awkwardest thing I've ever seen....

On 2/21/2017 at 10:14 PM, Toups said:

GH wins WGA Award (west coast):

OK, I take it back. This was even worse.

Why only one nomination? Can someone explain this to me??

• Members

It's called a Title Card and Brent Boyd is the (in the studio) script editor.  Not sure if Sarah is sharing script editing duties with him or covering while he's on vacation. Her name has appeared in the last seven title cards. 

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Can someone explain to me why Sara Bibel sometimes gets credited with Brent Boyd and also as script writer?

• Members
6 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

Is this a good sign?  I hear he wasn't a very good one for the show.

He was decent for who he wanted to be decent for imo.   But I don't think he has what it takes to deliver Sally's Y&R. The pacing has been horrendous. Personally, I think he got the boot over February sweeps execution. They had good ideas but he just can't make anything work unless it's stunts.