Y&R: "Home for the Holidays" Promo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love to see Mamie return (and for the record I'd have Mamie have breakfast with the Abbotts)  - it's just a shame that LML killed off John because he SHOULD have ended up marrying Mamie in the end. Veronica Redd was fantastic with Jess Walton and Jerry Douglas. 

• Members

Promising, but I'm sick to death of Eric Braeden and I've been watching since the mid 70's...skipped the late 90's to 2000's (late) other than just checking in.  But the character of Victor cannot be redeemed....don't care what the new writers do with him...the only thing they can do is put him in a closet for 2 years and trot him out at that point and maybe I'll consider something about thinking about him.  Damage has been done. 

• Members

That is true, and it's a concern of mine as well. I'm fairly certain a full-on return to classic Y&R style and pacing would be too much, but I don't think that's what we're getting. Besides, the show still does pretty long stories and the Y&R audience has shown that it's loyal and that it's there when the writing is. I hope that will be the case too, but I'll try not to be too negative about it. Even if the ratings suck, I will enjoy it for as long as it lasts, if it's good.

Archived