GH: Actor NOT returning

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good.  He looked bloated and tired all the time and they ruined his character by making him a murderer.  The Cassadines need to be gone completely from the show, including Alexis who they have continually ruined even more so when she will undoubtedly fall for Julian again after his absurd trial.  LAME.  Jelly...Lame...dumbtv

• Members

Burton got the same treatment. So did Kanan, Thompson, etc. Frank is ruthless, which wouldn't be so bad if he favored good actors and produced a stellar product. He's trash and so is GH!  

In the meantime, TalentFree Howarth, Staff, Paevey, Easton have more staying power than any talented person on the show!  TC being lazy is not why he's gone. Look at that slob Miller!  

• Members

Because he's bad, he shouldn't come back. Nick Stabile is also bad.

Never get tired of editing my posts for common spacing, 10/10 Errol

Frank wanted Burton to hang around but gambled poorly, thinking his balls were bigger than Steve's ego and that he could break him into working his terms even if he went off-contract. Steve deserved what he got from FV after helping to destroy GH for over a decade, but FV forgot that Steve had the money and opportunity to walk away from the table. Now Burton will likely return to GH, but I suspect it will be on a meeting of terms between the two. That being said, yes, it's far from the first time FV's balls have made him bet wrong on being able to steer an actor around while icing them out. He did it with TSJ at OLTL and the Two Todds story was driven into a ditch.

I root for neither party in the equation re: GH. It means nothing that Frank is willing to break Steve Burton as he has since sunk the show into a wholly new hell with Roger Howarth, Stafford, Rebecca Budig and a host of other pointless characters, actors and stories, along with a record unacceptable four characters for Michael Easton (the latest actually works against all odds, but not with Budig). His callous disregard for Tyler Christopher is just another example of his classic frostiness, but the problem is that his real priorities are all the wrong things - and Nikolas is just disposable like so many others.

• Members

I agree with you, Vee about Easton against all odds somewhat working (though I wouldn't be upset if he got the heave-ho).  I think his better scenes are with Tracy, feuding with Obrecht, just being an actual doctor.  Pairing him with Budig is simply pushing the ABC "They were popular elsewhere so they will work well here. " philosophy. 

There are far worse characters on the canvas than Hammy. Budig doesn't irritate me like she did on AMC, but I prefer her in her scenes with Curtis. There aren't a lot of good friendships on the canvas, but I like Curtis/Hayden's friendship. Now, when will they figure out a way to get Sean out of prison for the crime he didn't commit?

• Members

They should put him with Tracy. They have serious chemistry and the character is unconventional enough (and ME is actually acting the part) to make it take off. But Frank is still hung up on him being a tortured soul paired with other big stars from other shows, i.e. Budig.

Archived