Drake Hogestyn (John, DAYS) head injury on set

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! And his age is not a good factor in all of this. Hope he's been recovering well.

When your cheap production values directly lead to injuries requiring hospitalization and a sabbatical, then it's time to finally shape up.

• Administrator

Wasn't the original explanation, which SOD reported, that he fell out of a tree?  They made it sound like it happened out of the studio.  Why the cover up? Serious on set injuries are usually reported.  I think it's safe to say that Drake has a job for life at DAYS now (well, until cancellation). 

• Members

Corday's legal team response? Fire Dena Higley and rehire Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell, then give a 6-page spread to SOD.

Seriously though, poor Drake. He's been hard done by that show over the years without suffering actual physical injury.

• Members

I'm sure he has or will.

Damn. I hope Drake recovers OK from this. I'm back to remembering why I used to like John waaaay back when. John and Marlena are in the spots they should be at this point and it works for them.

But damn at this being at the studio ... wow. That's what happens on a shoestring budget and you're working under tight constraints. They really need to find a different way to save the soaps. Half an hour and online is honestly where they should be headed.

• Members

No, they aren't that cheap. They use stunt doubles alot, just last week they had one for Andre in the fight with Aiden. Terry James, the Stunt Coordinator, is at the studio quite often.

Some actors want to do their own stunts as much as possible. Breaking in a door doesn't sound like a serious one, we have seen John/Drake kick in many doors over the years...

Archived