William Schallert dad on Patty Duke has died

DAMfan

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He also did several small parts on soaps. I know he appeared on Santa Barbara for a short time as Roger Wainwright (father of Julia and Augusta). I'd have to track down a list of his roles I know of, but I've got all my stacks (lists) in a box while we are re-organizing the house to accommodate some things from my Grandfather's house now that he's staying in a facility.

My oldest memory of Schallert would be when he played Pamela Sue Martin's (Nancy Drew's) father. As I grew older I was able to see him in Patty Duke among hundreds of other reruns.

He was very talented, RIP Mr. Schallert.

• Members

Despite being well known for being Patty Duke's TV Dad, Schallert seemed to be a true character actor, playing a lot of roles here and there where you recognize him but you're not sure from where.  Days after Duke's death, I remember looking at his Wikipedia page and smiling that he was still around into his 90s and appeared to have had a long, productive career.

May he R.I.P.

• Members

He also played Caryn Richman's (Gidget) father Russ Lawrence on the New Gidget in the 80's. Sydney Penney played his grandaughter and Gidget's niece on that show. Dean Butler from Little House played Gidget's husband Jeff "Moondoggie".

Archived