Y&R: Jess Walton Interview

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jess is so classy. Her attitude towards the show these days is probably the best course to take.I wonder is some of the other vets feel the same way and just take it day by day and look for the substance in a scene rather than  worry about the awful stories or character assasinations

• Members

A big "hmm..." at who she didn't mention for Billys she had a bond with.

Good interview. Jess clearly takes her work seriously but also knows how to disconnect. I haven't watched any of the show in a long time but I'm glad she's been able to show 'em how it's done one more time.

• Members

Bloop!

Jess Walton is too smart and too focused to get involved in the intrigue that ensnares a lot of her daytime colleagues daily.  It's a shame that the show doesn't have better writers.  Jill should be maneuvering and outmanuevering  Newman and Jabot as head of CI.  I still think that the best way to make CI vital is if Jill/CI got into a skirmish with Jabot over her bid to snatch the Men's line she started at Jabot.   There is so much this character could be doing and it would be interesting but maybe Pratt doesn't like the idea of a female CEO who gets the better of the Big Boys.

• Members

Now I know why the ratings for that week remained almost steady for Y&R. It featured a lot of Jill that week.

Are you surprised?….LOL   I can see her getting along with the other 3 Billys even Burgess. It was nice that she gave a nod to Tristan Rogers and how she enjoys working with him. Tristan is a great actor but IMO his character on Y&R is annoying and just awful.

• Members

Jess Walton is great. Her recent scenes as Jill were great. Her attitude to letting go of Bill Bell's legacy is also great: it's the only way professionals can maintain their sanity I'm sure. And she has a good attitude to being recurring: they use her when they need her, at least she doesn't feel insulted. 

And it's lovely that she remembers Jeanne so fondly. 

Ultimately, it should be Victor, Jack and Jill fronting Y&R in equal stature. And had Bill Bell lived that's what would have happened. Jill would have become the second coming of Katherine and it would have been amazing. She is such an untapped resource.

Archived