AMC: Kate Collins (Janet) Staying?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look at the kick in the arm that Kate has given to this show! The ratings are finally upitty up! up! Shari couldn't do it, Sydney couldn't do it.... but Kate definetly reinvegorated the show into something people are actually talking about.

• Members

Mimi's return was pointless... all it did was turn her into a stupid, naive rambling idiot.... Kate Collins is a major reason for the turn around... she makes the show that much better.

• Members

I'm so glad Kate Collins is staying. I love to watch her as Janet. I want Janet cured, Trevor alive and Tim to return as well.

Also AMC should bring back Shari Headley as Mimi. She's needed and Dani hasn't had much to do without her mom being on the show.

Also Sydney Penny's return as Julia isn't a bust. A lot of Julia fans are glad she's back and she probably is part of the reason for AMC's ratings going up. AMC just needs to give Julia a good love interest. I like Julia & David's chemistry and I think she'd be good with Michael Lowry or J. Eddie Peck as Jake Martin.

• Members

I never intended to say that Shari and Syd's returns were busts, they just didn't creat the impact the show needed to get the ball rolling again like Kate's did. Let's face it, the Dragon sl was awesome on paper, poor in execution. That sl could have got things rolling in PV again, but it did not.

I wouldn't mind Shari coming back too, pleading for forgiveness from everyone she hurt. I thought she was going to be sticking around for a while and that was the reason why Bill Christian left, citing that he could not handle the burdens of a frontburner sl. Instead, we see Derek just as much, or rather least, with a new actor. I hope some day Bill comes back.

• Members

I doubt he'd come back.... he left in the first place because he couldn't work as much.... but yet Charles Parnell doesn't really work any more than William ever did the past 4 or 5 years :lol:

I agree with Pasha, the dragon storyline when I first heard about it... I was like OMG this can be such a great story, but it feel through, it moved way too fast and was too predictable.... it would have been much more interesting if Garret was a red herring and yes was after Dani and that was to make us believe he was the dragon but then it to be revealed the dragon was someone totally different.... someone like say... Vanessa? B) I am glad Julia's back on the show. I was always a Julia and Sydney fan... its just the writers seem to have lacked a clear direction for her since the dragon story was quickly wrapped up.... but I like where it is going now... she is having her little flings with David but really starting to fall hard for Ryan.... I like Ryan and Julia together.... I really think Julia will be the new girl Ryan falls for... I think we may for a while have a Kendall/Ryan/Julia triangle.... but if its true that the baby turns out not to be Ryan's I think that will end Rendall's relationship or circumstance.... because that's all it is. There is no real love there, not the love Zach and Kendall share. Making the baby the son of someone other than Ryan is the writers out for Rendall and allow them to patch Zendall up again... I think that's where everything is going.

Archived