DAYS: Major Bo News

John

• Members

I'm waiting for Bo's twin brother "Beauregard" to show up as a "Ragin' Cajun" who was sold by Shawn Brady to punish Caroline for her affair with Victor. I never bought the 'upcoming deaths will stick" line. Unfortunately, what I think may happen is that they've seen the ratings rise and assume it's because the audience wants to see Bope again. We don't! Keep PR in "BoVision" as long as they want. Heck, Y&R has done it for almost 10 years with John Abbott! 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As lukewarm as I am about Bo and Hope as a couple, I wouldn't presume the majority of DAYS' audience felt the same way.  If anything, I feel like sending Bo and Hope off together would have been much more desirable to them than what we got.  True, we would have lost KA as well as PR.  However, viewers would have been happy knowing the two had reunited and were off on new adventures (with the wish they would return and visit Salem on occasion).  To me, killing off Bo AND pushing Hope onto Rafe, or vice-versa, is the thing no one wants to see.

• Members

I'm fine with the story as is, so far. In coordination with what I've said before, as big of a couple as they were and/or are, I don't want to lose a character with the history and connections of Hope because the actor who plays her long time on-screen partner wants to retire to raise his kid for a while.

The annoying points for me is IF they do push Rafe on Hope and IF Peter continues his Twitter thing with no real intention of coming back (for years). I like Bo & Hope, but I want to root for Hope to overcome & move on following Peter getting the closure he supposedly needed to move on himself. Peter doing his Twitter thing even stops a fan like me (Bo's been rather firmly killed off so I'm ready for what's next for Hope without a return from the dead looming) from being comfortable in the story because I feel like he's a shadow about to walk in at any moment and throw the groundwork all over the place. In terms of Hope and romance, IMO they have to just let it happen and not dictate that it will happen. I'm going to cross my fingers somebody figured that out. So far, I don't feel the push outside of Bo leaving Hope to Rafe in his will after getting a quickie. I also feel like they're leaving a door open for Rafe and Abe's daughter. So far. Also, personally, I'd prefer Hope with a man her age or a man older than her on the show but again just let it happen.

• Members

Oh Peter .... stop. Please stop. You made the right choice to be a dad and stay home. Stop teasing the fans. Just stop. It's annoying and tired.

Maybe this is all some ruse of Bo and Hope's and he's not really dead and they all faked it? LOL. I mean, Corday did say there was a "twist". That or Aiden has a twin brother and Cosgrove returns.

I don't despise Rafe like I used to. I just don't think Gering and Alfonso have any chemistry. Nothing about them has me at all  interested. We'll see what happens. If the writing and chemistry were there I might feel differently. But the fact that they basically had Bo give permission to Rafe ... obviously that's where they are going with it. Higley must be wetting herself in excitement that her precious Rafe and Hope will be together.

I much preferred Rafe with Carrie (and Sami should have never been put with Rafe IMHO, that should have been Carrie's storyline and EJ should have been Carrie's Stefano, who eventually teams up with Sami and they become a wicked duo; not him raping her and her shooting him in the head. I mean, nothing says love more than those things, right?).

• Members

Really that is the only way I would be fine with a Bo return, if DAYS is currently doing one of their EP & actor lying to audience thing they've done a few times in the past.  It has to happen to end this revenge (justice) story. That said, I doubt Peter would be throwing out my child this, my child that if this was for team fibbing for "a twist or two."

Maybe I've grown soap naive during my soap leave, but despite the bequeathing I don't think it's necessarily written in stone. (Rafe/Hope). I'm mostly against it due to the bequeathing and the fact that he's too pretty. I've never really seen much of R/H and what I've seen is nothing like Bo was describing (Rafe in love with Hope).

Interesting alternative on the Sami/EJ/Rafe/Carrie story that was and that wasn't. I got to search down some old Carrie/Rafe clips to check the vibe.

• Members

IDK. I'm not saying Rafe and Carrie were lighting up the screen with their fire and heat and it could have been I was just so happy that Rafe and Sami were kaput but I remember enjoying their interactions and them all hot and bothered by each other. It wasn't much of a story overall but I liked the idea of Rafe being Carrie's Roman to her Marlena. Sami shouldn't have been made into heroine Sami and forced into Rafe's orbit. And for whatever reason I've always thought EJ should have been Carrie's Stefano, obsessed with her and he and Sami could still interact and eventually marry into some war of the roses type arrangement, leading to her taking him down, which is the story that could have been (Sami plotting revenge against EJ for his affair with Abby, who ironically went a tad nutso over Austin ...) last year instead of EJ shot like he was nothing and Sami running off to Hollywood not long afterwards for fame and fortune. Ridiculous.

Holy run on ...

And they showed Rafe somewhat pining over Hope and clearly into her a few months ago but the show is all over the place and with what Hope has been going through they haven't really shown it. He clearly started to have the love eyes for her before she married Aiden.

• Members

Carrie and Rafe was literally the only time I ever liked that guy, and it was the first time Carrie felt viable on the show since the 90s. That was one of the few stories where the beats were actually played well with Sami's paranoia bringing it all to fruition, the cute stuff at their PI + lawyer practice. Such a damn waste throwing her back to Austin and off the show.

Archived