DAYS: Major Bo News

John

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they want it to feel final, so Hope is no longer tethered to Bo. I also think that, after the way Andre just waltzed in and said he was alive and everyone was like, "Cool," that they wouldn't even bother setting up a contingency plan. If Bo needs to be alive someday, he'll turn up onscreen with a chyron reading STEFANO DID IT! and they'll move on.

• Members

Hmm. Hadn't even crossed my mind. That would be something. But if they go with Rafe and Hope, Bope fans would never stop about Rafe raising Bo's kid and TBH, I'm not really sure I'd care for it all. Depends how it's all written, if any of this even ever comes to pass.

• Members

IMO, there's no reason Hope should go because PR doesn't want to stay.

Hope's history is incredibly rooted on the show, her rather singular (in terms of romance) love for Bo IMO doesn't take away from that. There's a consistency about her character that is actually really nice between her love life (took her 23 years to decide to give it up to another man despite Bo stomping on her heart repeatedly since 11 years in) and her career ambitions. In the 1990s, when I started watching, I thought Hope's cop thing was just a bit piece from the 1980s but watching clips from the 1980s the character was very consistently and seriously going between cop and PI for the majority of that run.

IMO, the perfect road to go with Hope from this story is reconnecting her with Steve, Kayla and Johnroman in some adventure stories for a while. Watching these old clips, the evolution of Patch and Hope relationship was interesting and entertaining AF. Patch was initially more in line with growing closer to Hope then he was in line with reconnecting with Bo. I hadn't realized that Hope and Steve were actually really good friends. It goes without saying that Hope is a honorary Brady so the sisterhood of Kayla and Kimberly as well. It would be nice to see Steve and Kayla be Hope's support system rather than Rafe. The type of guy I'd hook Hope up with would have to be a villain/anti-hero like Patch was back in the 1980s and like Jude was in the 1990s. Someone after one of the pairs (John/Marlena, Steve/Kayla) who decides to mess with Hope for getting in his way.

Hope is very much the new generation Alice and she doesn't necessarily need to be married or a good baker in that position. It feels right (Hope was Alice's favorite grandchild) and it feels necessary (the Horton character connecting the very early DAYS to the very late DAYS) to and for DAYS for whatever time it has left.

• Members

Agreed completely about Hope, Angela. I hate how over the years (and while I loved first reign Reilly, he was guilty of making the couples the character and not them individually) the characterizations get a little lsot and it's simply "Bope". Not Bo AND Hope. I hate how characters aren't allowed to exist or move on outside of their coupledom. Hope existed as a character before Bo, who was allowed to exist without Hope, and she will be again.

I wasn't happy when Missy Reeves left in '06 and Ashford was let go and sent off with her (after "recurring" for a brief time). Jack should have been written for away from Jennifer.

• Members

Now I just saw an interview with PR where he said he was disappointed that he was written out so soon. he was very happy being back on canvas. So, I'm just asking.....where did the news of him choosing to leave and retire come from? 

I dig how you called him JohnRoman.

• Members

Really? So then why rush all of that? Something isn't adding up here. If so it will make me just despise Rope even more than I do. I fear this is the new Daniel and Jennifer and I'm already cringing and they aren't even near being a couple.

I don't think Reckell wants to be there long term but maybe he wanted more than what he got? I mean, I think a lot of what Nichols and Reckell filmed together was done in a day. He couldn't have filmed all that much at all.

I have a hard time believing they turned their nose up at keeping Reckell. I think he's regretting not sticking around because the writing was so much better and he missed it. JMO. But I'll have to see the interview.

• Members

This feels like the same [!@#$%^&*] PR pulled after his 2012 exit. How many times did he tweet that he was trying to work something out with the show, and then nothing came of it, etc? It's like he's constantly angling for some huge contract full of outs and promises. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Archived