GH Promo: Jason Revealed

• Members

It's more about the fact that this character has absolutely never been given a redeeming storyline, nor has she ever come out of a storyline as the winner. At least not in the past 10 or so years. The thing fans take note of is that no matter what regime is in charge, Liz is constantly [!@#$%^&*] upon. Sometimes she's a vixen, sometimes she's a needy ingenue, sometimes she's a liar. There's no stability there. They just dump upon her or don't use her, because they know Becky can play any story and they know she'll have chemistry with almost anyone. It's the same thing they do to Sharon Case at Y&R. They know these characters have loyal fan bases, they know the actors are good enough to pull this stuff off, and so they continue the cycle. Like them or not, SC and BH are the MVP's of their respective shows simply for the fact that they put up with this nonstop BS and never phone in their performances. Not to be an endless Becky boot-kisser, but she is the definition of elevation poor material IMO.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I hate all three. Let them fight to the death. But for the construct of the story, Liz will deserve her consequences.

And, I'm sorry to say, all I have seen Liz get is coddled for her schemes. She cheats on Lucky? Laura pats her head. She fakes a breakdown before to try to get Lucky back, and no consequences. Oh sure, JMB's Lulu yelled at her once at GH. Big deal. Seemed set up as a sympathy ploy for Liz's benefit to me there. Lucky's farm animal rant, well...she also deserved that, what with Liz engaged to him while screwing his own half-brother. She skates, and that's why I call her Lizzie Kerrigan.

So I hope this time, she does actually pay a bit. She's earned it.

• Members

Liz took her husband and has been f--king him every night for months! Sam has every right to confront her. Liz also kept Monica from her son so she deserves to rip into Liz as well. I get that you love Liz but there is absolutely no defense to what she's done to everyone. It was pure selfishness on her part

• Members

and even worse bc Monica has watched her entire immediate family be killed around her over the last several years. Especially after losing AJ (whom Liz was close to) recently, it would have given her comfort to know that Jason is alive. Liz was like, the hell with Monica

• Members

Well, I have read a rumor that Liz is the one to tell Monica that the Holy Hitman returneth (but leaves out that she has known for ages). If true, the chick has nerve. Even so, if true, at least Monica will know.

But God help Liz if/when Monica finds out just how long Liz knew and kept quiet because of her obsession with Jason's Joystick.

• Members

I wouldnt. Nicole was always an awful human being. They havent continuously trashed and written her out of character like Liz and Sharon to sell stories. Unlike Liz and Sharon, Nicole is a vixen that works better when she's causing trouble, being selfish and wrecking havoc. It rings true to who she is and its when they tame her , she doesnt work

• Members

I do not consider myself a "Liz stan" by any means but did a few of you miss my point entirely?

My point was that they CHOOSE to write "bus bump" storylines for Liz, year after year. That is NOT the same as being written well and lovingly as a vixen or villain. She is not written as love-to-hate, she is written intentionally by the writers as "You should hate this bitch" over and over again and it saddens me that some people on this board continue to fall for it and can't see past what's on the extremely-biased page.

I also think it's very different when you write a lead character as an antihero, such as Carly or Ava, because fans still adore them because the writing says you are supposed to. The word "hero" is still in said term, aka leading a story in some form or another. They have strong motives, goals and POV and they usually have a large majority of the canvas in their corner. And if not a majority, then at least other lead characters or actors. For example, what Olivia with Leo did was deemed wrong (though I personally don't mind it) but just yesterday, the show's lead, the Teflon Don himself, Sonny Corinthos decreed that Olivia did the right thing, even though she previously pulled the exact same [!@#$%^&*] on him! Liz is not a lead character, she is a beautiful, vintage piece of stable concrete on the set that holds the other thots who have done far worse things closer to the limelight.

Liz is always the roadkill in someone else's romantic triangle or plot point. See: Liz/Nik/Britt and Liz/Jason/Sam, or given romances that go nowhere and she is back at square one. See: AJ and Ric. When EVERYONE on canvas is given a random sibling out of nowhere or retconned into being someone's child, where is Liz's family? The only weak attempts they've made in the last 10 years consist of the Homophobic Orange Glowstick and the five-in-a-decade appearances by her gram Audrey Harding, as spelled oh-so-carefully by our latest dipshit show producer. For example, when Franco was going into the arts, would that not have been the perfect opportunity to utilize Liz's art background? The only time I recall them even mentioning it was when she sketched someone's face for the police. Or perhaps actually give her the opportunities that Sam and Patrick have been given to show they are good parents on screen, instead of the handful of times a year we see her three kids? We are told Liz is a good mother but if all that immediately comes to mind is that they all have different fathers, are we sure she is a good mother without seeing it on screen?

Just my two cents but thank you for taking the time to read! And thank you to those who see where I'm coming from. :) Can I get a "PREACH" from someone please? ;)

Archived