Star Trek returns with streaming series

• Members

I would tend to favor syncing them as while there are no stories which do "part one on TNG, part two on DS9" common to other shows in shared universes as there are a few cross-references between the two shows that will be more fun if they are synced.

At the very least, I think it is important to watch the DS9 pilot movie "Emissary" directly after the TNG two-parter "Chain of Command" since they are very loosely connected (hopefully that doesn't stray too far into spoiler territory).

Season 7 of TNG and season 2 of DS9 are a little more connected so I would 100% try and sync them even if you don't sync the first season of DS9.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would argue there's only a handful of eps in the last two seasons of TNG that are relevant to DS9. Those eps mentioned certainly are, as is "Journey's End" with Wil Wheaton's return and the penultimate episode of TNG ("Preemptive Strike") which IIRC both deal with the Maquis, who are an ongoing issue in DS9.

• Members

An SDCC Trek dump of new stuff, including the SNW/LD crossover ep next week and the musical episode!

A final season DSC clip:

The crossover episode is also being released early tonight on Paramount+.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Star Trek channel on Pluto TV in CANADA

Star Trek channel on Pluto TV in CANADA

https://www.thetvwatercooler.com/2023/09/pluto-tv-star-trek-channel-canada/

"The free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) service, which made its debut on December 1, 2022, now has a channel broadcasting the continuing mission of the USS Enterprises with both Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation 24 hours a day."

https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/star-trek-ca/details

Edited by janea4old

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Star Trek Discovery debuted its fifth/final season with two episodes during first week of April 2024.
I enjoyed it.
Well the premise of the season is based
on classic Next Gen, specifically Season 6, Episode 20.  Watch it that NextGen ep, if you can!, you don't even need to know who any of the characters/storylines are for Next Generation to enjoy the episode - it's a standalone that's a classic.
This episode: link to memoryalpha summary of that NextGen eppy: (The Chase)

I'm excited about Discovery for the first time in years.

Edited by janea4old

• 2 weeks later...