Black woman "kills herself" after arrest over traffic signal

Nate4

• Members

Oh yes, every country has corruption, some more than others but I was comparing the U.S. to similar countries as opposed to say Somalia, which has a completely different standard of living and governance. I mentioned England and Canada since they, like the U.S. are English speaking countries with similar socio-economic systems, albeit different governance since Canada has a greater similarity to England with their Parliamentary system.

I once lived in Canada and in the U.K. and yes there is ethnic tensions, and violence and in London there was even a very well publicized case of the death of a Black man in police custody in the 1990s but the U.S. has a high rate and an exceptionally high frequency of violence which is overwhelmingly gun related. Most of my relatives abroad are actually afraid to come to the U.S. because to them it appears to be 'crazytown' from what they see in the news.

In terms of that video, I read that Texas authorities have released a 'new' shorter video. Why can't they release the raw footage and let people see everything? And the jail cell looks to have been altered as well- shouldn't it have been treated as a potential crime scene and left alone?

If this woman used a plastic bag in her suicide, why was there another plastic bag in the trash can (was it replaced?). If this woman disclosed that she had attempted suicide before, shouldn't the jail cell have been 'swept' of any paraphernalia that could have assisted a suicide? Why was there a trash bag and a rope hanging from a shower curtain left in the cell with someone who had diclosed that she had a previous suicide attempt (who also said she did not feel suicidal that day)?

Different media outlets were allowed access to film the cell and at least two have varying versions of what was inside the cell.

Can anyone blame people for being suspicious?

By the way, there was another story of the suicide of another even younger Black woman, apparently jailed for cellphone theft who allegedly committed suicide the SAME day as Sandra Bland.

WTH is going on though?! I can accept a coincidence but I need some proof-- and a chopped up video with loops and skips is not going to convince me.

Also, on the video Sandra Bland was heard telling the officer she was epileptic. I don't know the veracity of this but it adds yet another variable.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived