The Grammys Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF does "remembered" even mean? People always toss this line out when bashing contemporary hits, and I've never quite understood its meaning. Drunk in Love came out over a year ago, so it's not a random flavor of the month. It was a massive hit song by a massively successful performer who has a massive fanbase. It'll be "remembered" well into the future.

I also don't understand how the album being initially released exclusively on iTunes helped it succeed...

I will gladly sit, as long as Samdele isn't weeping his way through another dramatic croon that gets all the bussies wet.

• Members

Y'all actually sat and watched this garbage?

GRAMMYS have been sh*t and moot for years.

Only thing I am shocked about [from reading the winners] is that they didn't hand the mediocre culture vulture Iggy an award. After wrongfully giving Macklemore the Rap Album of the Year last year, I was sure they were going to try and do it again.

And I noticed that they gave Kendrick Lamar two awards on the sly tonight. dry.png

I see what y'all are doing. They didn't want 'Black Twitter' to drag them once again.

I've become jaded to award shows. It's all politics and propaganda.

• Members

Exactly. They wanted to give it to her but gave it to someone who wouldn't cause much controversy.

Now watch her push out another album this year [as Eminem will be on a hiatus], so she can get nominated. Then watch her win. She or Macklemore will get it [if he puts out another album this year] and Kendrick, who is supposedly putting another album out this year, will be nominated and robbed again.

• Members

I was live blogging on Facebook and Twitter all night, and since I have to get up early tomorrow, here are just a few assorted thoughts:

Taylor, Meghan, and Jessie J looked GORGEOUS. wub.png

Iggy looks like she was trying to be Bo Derek. Nope. (The only song of hers I really like is "Black Widow", and that's primarily for the beat and Rita Ora)

Tom Jones still has it, but his face is too shiny now. wacko.png

Gwen Stefani: 45 and flawless. wub.png

Madonna: QUEEN.

Annie Lennox and Hozier: Awesome.

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga: Love them together. Behind all the masks is a truly great singer and performer. Stay pressed, haters.

Katy Perry: Love that song, but she raided Princess Leia's closet for that outfit. Just sayin'.

Prince: That was an orange prison jumpsuit, plain and simple.

Enrique didn't even bother to dress up! laugh.png Not that he needs to, of course. wink.png

Chris Martin should consciously couple with me.

His Goop Queen ex wife introducing her "good friend" Beyonce rolleyes.gif

Beck is actually kind of cute.

John Legend can have all of me whenever he wants.

Sam Smith is on the top of the world. No complaints here. smile.png

And I want Rihanna's outfit, especially the necklace.

Archived