Top Secret Scoop on What Chuck Pratt Has Planned For The Young and the Restless

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because he has nothing to say. He's still probably deciding what the f*ck he is going to do right as I type this. He seems like a writer who flies by the seat of his pants instead of drafting long-term projections.

He won't and CBS will wait till it's too late to drop the hammer on his ass. It's going to be like AMC all over again. When he leaves, the wound will be to infected to sew and clean up. They'll then usher Kay, Sally, or both to come and usher the show off into the afterlife.

Should've just hired both and made them a team. Would've made the most sense to me.

• Members

Can't say you're wrong in any of this.

I do feel like CBS reacts quicker, and they are touting ratings right now so I'm somewhat hopeful they would react quickly when he fails. And he will fail. Jill was dumb to push for him because that won't look good on her when he fails.

They were fools to not go with Kay and Sally and I agree with you that we won't see them back until the show is near it's end.

I'd love nothing more than to get back into Y&R but it's been very very hard to get back into it and Pratt will make it even harder. I'm sure initially his shock value storylines will generate some buzz and ratings increases but it won't last and fans will turn.

• Members

I don't see CBS as reacting quickly. They didn't with GL till the end. And they didn't even bother with ATWT. I feel like CBS will do the same with Y&R.

And yep, Chuck will rely on shock value but have no long term stories that'll affect the canvas and character growth. After I heard him say that he does not give a damn about a show's history [when he was at AMC], I know he'll do the same here.

Only perk with all of this occurring is that when Pratt flops, it'll be the end of Jill. She'll finally be booted out of the genre for good. She better hope TeenNick is looking for her to EP on of their shows again. But I doubt it. Most of their dramas come from Canada.

Archived