Y&R: Justin Hartley Talks Adam Newman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually think it's a terrible photo. I like the drama of it, with everyone dressed up, but they all look exhausted, and MCE looks heavy even though she is far from it, and JH's hand looks incredibly awkward on MCE's hip. I guess they tried, though?

I think Burgess Jenkins is good-looking, but he reads 45, not 35, which is the MOST Billy should be at this point.

• Members

Billy Abbott is supposed to be a mercurial manchild. Jenkins looks better here than he ever has on the show, but still looks like the elder statesman next to these two, like the older man Annie Chelsea fell for. I can't believe they think this guy can hold up against Hartley, or in any substantial dramatic storyline.

Justin Hartley, OTOH, looks exactly like the damaged young farm boy-made-bad Adam Newman was apparently supposed to be.

• Members

Am I the only person who is actually enjoying the recast of Billy? I don't think he looks old like everyone else does, he certainly doesn't look older than Billy Miller to me. David Tom was great with everyone EXCEPT AH's Victoria. She ruins every male actor she's paired with!

• Members

I don't mind him. I've pretty much liked all of the actors who were in the role well enough. I do think this actor looks older than the last two versions of the character though. I don't mind that much . To me, Jack looks 60. Traci and Ashley look 50 and Billy looks 40. That's close enough to what the character should be for me.

• Members

nuBilly's boring, Chelsea's boring, Dylan's boring, Avery's boring, Joe's boring, Stitch's boring, Victoria's boring.... that entire character set is boring AF. I'm praying 4 Justin Hartley, tbh. Hoping he can inject some life into that group, but doubting it considering his run on Revenge where he was boring AF there. sleep.png

Archived