YR: Stunt Casting Continues

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, yeah, Y&R is really going for that 70+ demo there! For role that are temporary/short stints, it's fine if they use stunts because it does generate publicity outside soap world keeping Y&R's name out there. Getting on TVLine, which is a very popular site, is good for the genre. CBS has been very strategic about these things - especially when they throw in words like "mystery role." They also got another plus for nuAdam, which is really the goal here.

• Members

I'm trying to figure out where all this 'money' is coming from. They keep stunt casting but you don't have enough to bring back old faves or get new sets or bring out old sets that the fans wanna see [i.e. Newman & Jabot offices, Colonnade room, etc.] This is what boggles my mind. They must have acquired that BBC, ITV money.... huh.png

• Members

I do wish they'd hire former soap stars for gigs like this. With all the canceled soaps you have soap matriarchs everywhere that could do gigs like this. Kathryn Hays, Elizabeth Hubbard, Victoria Wyndham, Robin Strasser, Erika Slezak, etc.

• Members

The challenge is that those actors as so readily identifiable with their previous roles, that it like, "Oh, what's Lucinda Walsh doing on Y&R?" Especially if you go CBS to CBS and now OLTL to GH won't work because of the mess with the gang of three. It would be nice if it worked (probably VW would be able to do it since it's been 15+ years since AW was on), but these are daytime legends who created award-winning decades-long characters. It's hard to suspend belief. Not saying it can't be done, but I don't think it will be successful.

Archived