Y&R: Original Cast Member does cameo

John

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See I do like the idea of them recreating this scene, but I hate that they keep using popular actors like him and John McCook, but not as their original characters. It makes no sense, especially when you consider how important John McCook's character was.

• Members

McCook is still a face of B&B to a lot of people.

I don't mind an Eric cameo. It's just having an actor from the show's early days in a cameo no one will notice, instead of having him back as his character - I think it's a wasted opportunity.

• Members

Can you imagine all the potential if John McCook came back as Lance, even if just to usher on the latest leading man playing Brooks? That would be great. Or even Brad, he could be bringing his son in and they could say he reunited with Leslie and they had the child together, or Lorie or even Nikki if they wanted to go that route. There are creative options.

I feel like nods like this are easy to do and fans will lap it up while the show overall is just so far from being Y&R on a daily basis.

• Members

I have to give props for this idea - using the same "scene" and dialogue. Clearly, Y&R has been prepping all summer to get the show on track for fall. It's not that anyone will really remember the scene (way before my time), it's the fact that they are actually thinking about ways to be creative and that gives me hope. Plus, they are getting publicity for what is truly a nothing event, but because of the twist, it's noteworthy.

Archived