Y&R promo: Shemar's back!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not saying a word. EXCEPT...

If our babydaddy and KSJ were allowed to change their dialogue before taping, and VR wasn't, then might mean one of two things:

1. Even Black men get more preferential treatment than Black women in this business.

2. VR was just a PITA whose requests for changes to scripts and storylines plain went unneeded.

(Or perhaps it was a little of both?)

• Members

That's a given.

Shemar bad mouthed Y&R for years but now that they need a ratings boost suddenly everything is ok & Vicki is far from the first actor of color to admit to significantly tweaking dialogue (Debbi & Darnell did so on AMC for many years) or protested against or advocated for changes to the script so their characters motivations make sense (Ellen Holly, Keith Hamilton Cobb & Tonya Lee Williams) without getting paid.

• Members

I think it's simpler than that. Given the fact that Nina Tassler herself called him and asked him to return, it's obvious that CBS recognizes that Shemar is valuable to them so they gave him what he wanted. He wasn't a member of the cast asking for special favors, he's a primetime star they brought back for a ratings boost and they treated him as such.

• Members

I thought Victoria Rowell was allowed to change dialogue, some of the lines she used obviously sounded like ad-libs and not from the writers, I remember one time she said "hot mess". She might have pushed it and the writers set limits, but I don't think they completely barred her from ad-libs.

Archived