Days: Return Confirmed

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SOAPS.SHEKNOWS.COM GIVES LIFETIME BAN TO JASON47, AFTER QUESTIONING MODERATOR WHO POSTED THAT MOLLY BURNETT PERSONALLY TOLD HER SHE WAS NOT RETURNING!

In a first for Jason47, I've been banned forever from a soap message board! As many soap sites were reporting about the rumors of Molly Burnett's return to "Days of Our Lives", I found out that one site, Soaps.SheKnows.Com, had a moderator who was saying she spoke personally to Molly Burnett the weekend of June 14/15 and that Molly told her personally that she was not returning to Days. Knowing that Molly had already returned to the show, I decided to question the moderator.

MODERATOR:
"I spoke with her this weekend. She's not returning."

JASON47:
"We've been hearing conflicting information then. They are taping November sweeps this week, so if Molly ends up airing in November, she'll have some explaining to do for why she told you she wasn't returning."

[The moderator then countered with this response (and quickly backtracked her previous statement, saying it was now possible that perhaps Molly was not able to tell her the truth (thus by covering herself when Molly's return was announced): ]

MODERATOR:
"Have you spoken with Molly? Who told you she was coming? Molly has never kept anything from me during the last 4 years I've known her but if she ever had to I would understand. I wouldn't expect an explanation even if she did return for November sweeps. Sometimes actors are unable to spill due to contractual obligations. If anything changes before sweeps and Molly tells me she's returning I'll post it here and in the comings and goings. Cheers!"

JASON47:
"If you're now suggesting Molly might have lied to you (because she had to contractually), what would it matter if I spoke with her? Wouldn't she have just told me the same thing then as she told you?

In my 15 years of dealing with sources, I've never come across one who lied to me. That's sort of the point of a source: you don't expect them to lie, and if they do, it sort of undermines your ability to post accurate information for fans. Luckily, I've never had to deal with a source who lies, and if they did, I wouldn't be using them as a source anymore!

Your two-sentence statement was posted as though it were a matter of fact: "I spoke with her this weekend. She's not returning." If you felt she might have had to lie to you (because of contract matters), and that would then mean you'd be reporting inaccurate information to the fans, you should have added that to your two-sentence statement. Something along the lines of: "I spoke with her this weekend. She said she's not returning (but there's a chance she couldn't let me know she was returning)."

In any event, all of June through November is already finished taping, so if Molly does show up between now and November, that would mean she taped those scenes prior to today."

MY POSTS, AND THEN THE ENTIRE THREAD, ARE THEN REMOVED FROM EXISTENCE:
Instead of responding to me, my posts were quickly removed and now the entire thread has been removed, as though it never existed.

LOG-IN TRY RESULTS IN FINDING OUT MY LIFETIME BAN!
Today, I went to log in to respond to a fan who was asking about the contract status of James Read (Clyde). I was going to answer the fan and let them know he is on contract. However, when I went to log-in, I was met with this:

"You are banned forever. If you think this is mistake, please contact our Web Team."

• Members

Well, Days, you did it. You got me back as a viewer. Give me the date she comes back and I'm there. You cruel show. I kept bitching about wanting Peter and Matt to come back, but what did you do to me? ;)

Glad to see her returning, but I also hope Days realizes more comebacks are needed. And yes, Days, I still want to see Matt and Peter back in the future.

And Jason, my God... sorry to hear you had to go through that. It sounds to me like Days is being very tight-lipped about certain things, but the fatal flaw in that argument is the show tapes sooooo far in advance stuff is bound to come out.

• Members

Thanks for your concern, but it's all good. I just posted that on my FB page to alert "Days" fans to how that certain message board deals with those who have a differing view from the moderators. Instead of responding to my second post in that thread, they slowly started removing all signs of it, first by removing my posts, then deleting the entire thread, and then to finish things off, by banning me for life! I guess they didn't realize that I had documented everything in the event they had decided to go about it that way. I have enough message boards that keep me busy as it is, so losing one doesn't matter too much. I just found it quite unprofessional how they dealt with the whole matter.

Archived