Y&R: Phyllis finally recast

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thoght about SS and assumed they wouldn't be able to get her but I guess if they got CW, it was more than a distant possibility.

There's an idea, I didn't think of. She could also become an irritant to Chelsea and Adam by being linked romantically to Adam.

• Members

Technically no, but on soaps you have to suspend disbelief when it comes to the relative ages of parents and children, especially with so much turbo-SORASing going on.

When this issue comes up, I always think of Grant Aleksander and Ron Raines on Guiding Light. Raines wasn't the best Alan by any means but he and GA had a great father/son rapport and it worked even though RR was only 7 years older than GA in real life. If the actors are good they can sell it. If they aren't, it's laughable.

• Members

I'm content with this recast as I like GT. I would've preferred her as Victoria like the rest, and would've preferred Robin Christopher, Jamie Lunar, or Megan Ward as Redzilla, but it's fine. I'm still holding out hope that Jill grows tired of Amelie Heinle and brings in Sarah Brown to play Vicki! :P

Archived