Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What?? You sure we're watching the same show. Hakeem is more supportive of Jamal because it was out in the opening that Jamal is gay. Jamal seem more supportive of Andre situation because in this episode Jamal remember things that Hakeem was to little to understand. they even said that. Maybe You don't like Hakeem because you see his character as coonery. I don't know.

• Members

You are right, perhaps the problem is that Hakem is too young to be genuinely supportive. He has no frame of reference and is ignorant. I think my problem with him stems from the fact that he is a justification for all of Luscious' foolery. He's clearly the favored son, and I feel Hakeem justifies so many of his actions through Luscious molding and enabling of his youngest ridiculousness and idiocy on so many occasions, and it's bothersome. Hakeem doesn't have any of the issues, harships or problems that Andre and Jamal have to deal with on a pretty much daily basis, and yet he still ends up acting like the most entitled, pompous, fool of them all. He has low empathy, and doesn't seem to grasp or understand hardships and problems, which is what I saw in the elevator scene. Jamal was the one who really understood and comforted Andre and brought them together, while Hakeem didn't even seem to care what was happening till the end.

Edited by Skin

• Members

So now we're just posting spoilers point blank to ruin other people's enjoyment of the show? How rude....

i do wonder if they're gonna resolve the murder from earlier in the season and/or Cookie's hit by the end of this amazing first season. Seems like a lot to ask. I think they should draw it out into 2nd but given how fast paced the shows have been I won't be surprised if these issues are dealt with quickly.

• Members

LOL She's my spirit animal

Which Character From “Empire” Are You?
  1. You got: Cookie
    Bad bitch contest, you’re in the first place. You don’t have time for people’s games. You’re a master of shade, which usually leaves your opponents bewildered, but if they try to come for you — watch out, baby.
    anigif_enhanced-20186-1425146938-9.gifFox